Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
I have been closely monitoring Umar Khalid's case on Bar and Bench, and I've observed that despite having top-notch legal representation, his bail plea doesn't seem to be accorded the serious consideration it deserves, neither by the legal counsel advocating for it nor by the court itself. Does his right to personal liberty hold any substantial weight in our country's legal proceedings? Additionally, I'm curious about the frequent changes in his senior counsel during hearings. Wouldn't he be better served by having Trideep Pais consistently representing him?
Do you have proof of this stuff? Im open minded but I havent seen proof.
Go read about his bail hearing at the district court including the leaked whatsapp chats. They’re enough proof.
Your lordship may provide the final judgment declaring the above, which seems to have escaped everyone's attention and enlighten all of us as to why is he asking for a bail like an undertrial detainee and not parole like a convicted felon.
You cannot expect the government to treat a brainwashed secessionist lightly.
Because he's anti government which is anti national. Law kids can't even get simple logic. Learn Modinomics if you want to stay in India.
Always reminds me of the time when LawBeat was in early days and during his bail plea in district court they published the WhatsApp chats that the state presented against his bail. It showed clearly how he had masterminded the whole riots and the violence. Sent his lawyer (rebecca john?) into a frenzy and the same people who cry for transparency were now calling for the chats to be taken down. Maybe that’s why he’s getting the treatment he is? Just because 3 publications wont stop writing opeds on him the truth wont change.
A 10-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 2-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.