Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Ah, India and the world, let me tell you, it's a splendid moment! Witnessing competent and decisive governance is like music to my ears. Now, as an agnostic, I might not have my heart deeply entangled in the Ayodhya conflict, but let's not shy away from acknowledging the grandiosity of the BJP delivering on a promise from their manifesto. Agree or disagree, you can't deny their consistency in taking action or at least putting in the effort, setting them apart from the rest. That, my friends, is what I call having a strong character.

And now, the man of the hour, Narendra Damodardas Modi. In 2024, he's got my vote. It's a notable shift from my skeptical 2014 self, influenced by those long-winded critical pieces from The Wire and Caravan. Back then, I went for the NOTA option, but times change.

Let's draw a parallel, shall we? Donald Trump, the man with a plan. His presidency shouted commitment to promises like tax reforms and deregulation, hitting the right notes with a significant voter base. Opinions may dance all over the spectrum, but you can't deny Trump's determination to act on his agenda. Now, what's the common thread between Modi and Trump? It's their shared dedication to delivering, no matter the opposition. Navigating through criticism like pros, they stand as a symbol of decisive, action-packed leadership on a global stage. That's a duo that resonates with voters worldwide, seeking leaders who don't just talk the talk but walk the walk.
Bakwaas. India stands where it was 10 years back. India almost continued at the same path which was inherited from the UPA regime. Our PM shall do everything that helps him garner votes evoking populism. But he will shy away from taking otherwise decisive steps which are qualitatively fruitful for the country (GST implementation was an exception) but which don't help sustain the vote share of the ruling party or diminishes it further.

On the economic front, India is doing average. Not too good, not too bad. Also, we should be mindful that now statistics are easily tampered with to gain favourable opinion. How independent empirical data collection activities have been suspended or are drained out of necessary funds is for everyone to see.

The only worthwhile achievement of this government I would say is working on infra in the country. Although, on many instances also we know the environmental considerations were pushed aside to complete the astounding projects.

And the biggest failure of this regime. That it failed the youth of the country. We had to harness the demographic dividend as we mentioned time and again. All that is lost now. Not much invested in increasing the quality and development of human resources in the country. If we would have worked upon innovation and R&D, we would have had scientists, doctors, good lawyers who wouldn't have been running to other countries for applying for citizenship.

A significant proportion of the economy remains to be running through informal sector. Why, because we never tried streamlining that in the formal sector. new report on educational levels in rural India just exposed how the realities of the country continue to be on the same trajectory.

India mai sirf consumerism badh Raha hai. Kuch hi log hai jinki purchasing power skyrocket ho rahi hai. For many others, government doles out subsidies. Jaisa taisa chal raha hai. Now people have started giving up on jobs, because earning hi nahi ho rahi. They think having your own organisation and business setup would help. But the market conditions are so bad, that many of them are bound to fail in their avenues.

But at the end, it is the people who are electing such governments and leaders. Jis din Indians stopped being short sighted and giving up right away to money/financial resources, uss dinn we shall have a good governance system.

We then also will not have scope for furthering targets. Everyone should remember the $5 trillion economy joke. How we were expecting the economy to boom to this point in 2023-2024. But so easily the targets were pushed further, with the populace not even questioning the same. A small bunch of people control the minds of 140 crore + people.🥲
4th Reich will be firmly established in India. America is already a zionist clone with Biden, it can't get worse than that. So status quo.
Big world out there kiddo. Stop consuming so much wire, caravan and deccan herald and get out of your bubble.
Rich are going to get a lot richer.

And the poor fucks on here will remain poor fucks, with unending faith in acche din which will never come.