Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
I don’t think there’s any! Akshay Jaitly announced retirement but returned soon after.

No one really wants to give up earning money and that’s why they joined a firm in the first place.
Arjun Lall from CAM. Karn Singh and Rahul Matthan from Trilegal are also semi-retired. I think that’s true for a few senior T-1 partners.
Somsekhar retired from JSA, started his own practice and then got elevated.
I think that’s a standard Disputes trajectory. Vikram Nankani and Sitesh Mukherjee and few others have done the same. So I won’t consider it a different path but an extension.
Yes. It isn’t retirement but a switch. Some might even call it a logical extension. That’s what I meant when I mentioned SM and VN.
Partner to litigation chamber isn't retirement! That's still working!
Rahul Singh. He was a partner in Trilegal. Retired and is currently a prof at NLS
He's retired. His life is 100times chiller now. Doesn't do research, just shows up to class, teach and goes home. He's still one of the best Corp profs in India tho.
Siddhartha Raja (NLS '98). Retired from Samvad Partners of which he was one of the founders. Now runs Nandi Valley Walks, a tourism/heritage walk gig on the outskirts of Bangalore. https://lbb.in/bangalore/nandi-valley-walks-bangalore/
There's an NLS alum Linklaters Partner in London who recently retired at 40ish.
A 2-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 2-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.