Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
The form is 3000 rupees and I will have to travel to Delhi as a near centre. The total amount just to give the exam would be 10000. Despite the JRF, which will be activated after I get admission, I'm not from a financial sound background and this is too much for me. Is it worth it to give the exam ? I also saw that the form requires previous work experience, & since it's a subjective exam is the process actually transparent ? I really need help to decide whether I should spend 10K for a chance to get into NLS. Especially since I'm not sure how the PhD is under the current administration. Thank you in advance.
The process is not at all transparent and the final decision would rest with the NLSIU VC. I can say that as someone who had cracked it, and having seen others with proposals equal or better than mine fail.
Which advisor is good enough? Especially since Sid has now left. There's no one left @NALSAR.
NLSIU exists only for the 5 year UG education. The universities' focus lies almost entirely on that. There are some good professors and a wide amount of resources available, you will get to make some good connections and the brand value is also good. But the institution will not care about you, your needs or interests. You will be left exhausted dealing with morons and a system that conflates being terrible to people with high standards. Lack of compassion will be treated as some virtue and being aware of the conditions of your fellow human beings will be considered a weakness.
Based on the recent LI threads, NLS seems to be existing only for the 3 Year LLB programme these days.
Don't go for a PhD without financial security. NLS has no scholarships except for JRF. But your PhD also depends on the quality of guides, and it is here that NLS may outperform most universities. Give the exam, and you'll get to learn even if you sit in interview. Prof. Arun's comments in my interview helped me a lot.
How's NALSAR or NUJS as compared to NLS in terms of quality of guides ?