Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
i am from the north and i have been allotted TNNLU , is the college good? are the placements improving?
You will do just fine. The law school is decent and will soon join tier 2 status in the coming years, especially by the time you graduate. It is easily a better option compared to the other recently established NLU's. In the same league of NLU-O and Nuals.
Eh I won't place tnnlu in the same league of nluo or nuals. Give it a decade and we will see. It's a good NLU nonetheless I am not denying that.
should I go for tnnlu or write slat and other exams? i personally dont want symbiosis due to the cost which is very high, there strictness and the drug culture there
You can go for tnnlu it's not a big deal. I mean I would definitely prefer slsp over tnnlu but then again you are hesitant over the cost factor which is understandable. Also we should keep in mind that you will be graduating in 2029 and by then a lot of t2 NLUs and a few t3 ones would be at a much better place if not the best.
Nope lol don't compare a national law uni with colleges like christ atleast 😭
won't suggest tnnlu because it is a very state-centric NLU with a lot of state reservations and hence your entire peer group would likely be from the south. You will face difficulties with food and language especially with all peer communication likely consisting of Tamil terms or slang which yu wont be able to cope up with, a Huge adaptability issue might occur in terms of food and culture but your peer group will actually be wholesome and fun, id recommend upgrading to a NLU in the north via highly likely vacancy
my mother side is from Kerala so i can understand Tamil and Malayalam a bit so that won't be a very big problem so keeping this away will it be a good college?
TNNLU is okay for Tamil Nadu students. Those from north should avoid it. It's just a decent law college and not like NLS, NALSAR where you must go if selected. Not like NIT Trichy in same city which can attract students from all over India. Student from north can choose a good law school in Delhi NCR.
Im a third year student at tnnlu from bihar. I only joined tnnlu because of money constraints and im regretting my decision ever since. I saw you asking whether christ is good imo go for it you'll get much better exposure there. Honestly tnnlu is not worth it for someone from the north
can you please elaborate the difficulties you faced coming there from north
1. Not a single person knows Hindi

2. Some faculty are not well versed in english so they often use Tamil words while taking classes

3. College is a place where you build contacts and friends but here you'll be limited to people from north only who are a rare sight

4. Not all but some people are brainwashed and kind of hate North Indians

5. This year I hear like 60-70% seats are reserved for tamils so there goes the diversity

6. It is located 20 km outside the city no clubs pr anything here not even in the city.

7. apart from the guys there the local people hate us even more

8. imo go to other universities in the north cuz its not at all worth it for someone in the north to come all the way across the country