Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
Hey! I am a 17 year old girl and I recently wrote CLAT, I got a rank extremely close to 900, It was my dream to get into a tier 1 nlu (especially nluj), which I couldn’t make it to this time. Last week Gnlu release a form to be filled as an expression of interest for admission through Nri sponsored category. I just wanted to ask for guidance from here since I might end up in Rgnul with that rank of mine, and I always wanted to work in a reputed corporate law firm. Since there are 16 seats in gnlu, I wanted to ask that will I even make it through? And will it be worth the money? Please guide me through this.

(Just to be clear I cannot apply to any other nlu through nri sponsored because I did not mark the nri sponsored category at the time of filling the Clat form, and only gnlu takes nri sposnored admission through All India ranks and not the nri ranks, so I just have gnlu as a tier 1 nlu option).
Even if you don't get GNLU, go to HNLU or NLUO in vacancies. Don't join RGNUL.
Joining GNLU will be a humongous mistake. Paying 65 lakhs for a shady seat is just dangerous to say the least. His/her dream is to work for a corporate law firm at the end of the day.What’s the gurantee ki he/she will get it?

Dude you are still 17. You have to be prudent in terms of financial matters. With a rank of 900, you will easily get HNLU and NLUO. Join there. I will strongly urge you to drop this nri seat as I was a nri student for my first year in nujs and trust me it was a shitty experience. My friends are still struggling to even get through their mentality as even though they are doing well, the atmospheric pressure you have after paying 60 lakhs is just a shit-fest.

TBH, a general seat from hnlu or NLUO is much more valuable than an NRI seat and that too in Gujarat.
if you are keen on corporate go for gnlu but do keep in mind the fee which comes around 65 lakhs, if it's a burden for your parents please join rgnlu
He or she can do well in hnlu or NLUO as well. The general seat can be easily availed with this rank. Even in vacancies. I will strongly suggest to avoid GNLU.
Every NLU looks at AIR ranks infact your NRI allocation occurs as per your AIR rank. At some NLU's you can bypass it because they really don't care. I'll suggest trying NLUJ since they reintroduced the quota after the clat results
Bhai itna marketing karte to maine jgls students ko bhi nahi dekha πŸ›
Corp placements, not really you don't. How do you know how many people from NLUJ are in the lower judiciary? Did you do a survey?
How's this comment trollish? It asks questions and seeks facts in support of claims made. Mods have started forgetting their legal training to read properly it seems.
Better than putting fake data for NIRF Ranks.

T1:

NLSIU

NALSAR

GNLU

NUJS

NLUJ
R u crazy? In no parameter NLUJ is behind GNLU. And as for a NRI, it doesn’t make sense to join GNLU
I'm an RGNUL bud in my senior year with my friends in NLUO, I would like to give you my two cents on it, thank me later on this.

With 900 rank, if you don't get into GNLU, don't fret over it, go for NLUO as it has almost tier 1 placements, their infra has improved a lot, they have a decent VC and things are going way better their, don't pick RGNUL over it, though we have good infra, our teachers are good for NOTHING, placements are almost NIL or undesirable. We do have a very capable and competitive crowd here, but when it comes to the university its good for NOTHING.

Wish you loads of luck, tier 1 is not everything but you need to choose your tier 2 wisely.
Exactly a tier-2 nlu general seat makes much more sense than a 65 lakh NRI seat in gnlu
A 26-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.