Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
Tired of firms. What about LPOs? Are they good options? Not very ambitious. I’m fine with earning 20lpa 4-5 years down the line.

Can I switch in-house with that experience combined with a year of law firm experience?
if ur in law firmns, lpos will amke feel 10x miserbale and also no career growth.
LPO work is about outsourcing process to cheaper human capital, ie. they don't outsource the thinking, only the process is outsourced. I have interviewed many kids who didn't know a whit of Indian law, even the basics they might have known when they graduated from college after 4/5 years of working in an LPO, including fancier back-offices of big banks (JPM, MS, etc.). LPO work is a trap since it promises ok salaries for a bit and then people realise that they are now stuck in this line of work since all their other skills have atrophied.

A year of law firm experience also doesn't do much, I think at least 3-5 years of law firm experience helps. Unfortunately, you cannot be "tired" of working hard if you want to make 20LPA (ie in the ~95+ income percentile; 90th income percentile earns 25k per month) with only 4-5 years of experience. The better option would be to try to switch to any decent in-house oppurtunity which you can manage over a 6-12 month span. With the right in-house job, you can easily make 20LPA with 4/5 years of experience while have a decent WLB.
I understand that it’s the process that is being outsourced. But from what I understand, the DD that most A0s - A4s / SA1s tend to do as their primary task is not very intellectually stimulating either. They easily get paid more than or at least equal to the 20lpa figure.

How different is it from the work that an LPO is doing on foreign law matters?

Please correct me if I’m wrong on any point.