Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
I've recently cracked clat (top 125 air) and like any aspirant working their ass off, NLS was my first preference. But now I'm wondering if it really was the right decision. The stuff we have been hearing about Mr. Sudhir functioning purely for academic achievements and cancelling prime Nls events like strawberry fields, spiritus and now trilateral (a key decision for a chill, laidback person like me to join a college) is frightening at the least. How does elections work and do we have hope? Faith in SBA? idk
Please do elect your representatives cautiously and please do vote. We have elected wrong representatives which is why we are suffering.
Grow up. Life is tough. NLS makes you tougher. Employment is rising. NLS will get you a job.
Employment is rising? Where? NLS couldn't even get all grads jobs when it used to have a less than 100 strong batch 6-7 years back. Forget about 300 strong batch. Plus there are the LLB Hons batch now, which Sudhir patronises shamelessly over the BA LLB.
many in 2028 batch have already done that, and more to come in the upcoming years
chilled and laidback person and all? why you want to go to nls? why drag the rest of us down? go somewhere else.
You are the ones who started accepting 300 students per batch. You are being dragged down from the weight of sheer numbers at this time.
So youre arguing that legal education in this country should be elite and exclusive? That theres really that much difference between a rank 80 and a rank 300 in CLAT? thats how much faith you have in CLAT? Why? What does CLAT even test? really think about it for one measly second. I say this as someone who got a double digit clat rank- its a hopelessly pointless exam that tests nothing but privilege and english.

CLAT ranks do not correlate at all with whether a person will be successful once they get into law school. The rest of us understand this once weve actually gone to law school and graduated and have a few years behind us. Its only arrogant 18 year olds who put much store by this exam or their rank. If you want to take it easy and coast for five years- your clat rank wont matter- you will have trouble finding jobs or scholarships.
Legal education shouldn't be exclusive. Legal industry does not support those many 'elite graduates' at present. Foolish of people to keep spending all that money hoping to have an amazing career and the universities pandering to that dream when they know better. Nor are there those many good law faculty, nor scope or funding for research. There is not a single institution in the country offering quality training to law teachers at present. A random foreign LLM does not make one a good teacher.
NLS has a bright future. Don't do the mistake of joining No. 2 or No. 3 when you are selected in No. 1 law college.

Nalsar or NLU Delhi will never come anywhere close to NLS Bangalore in next 50 years. NLS will remain way ahead.