Read 73 comments as:
Filter By
Last year I was interning with a ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮ firm in Mumbai. The Managing Partner of the firm and I started following each other on Instagram after some time. Initially he would send some random reels to me, however, over time he started sharing sexually coloured reels to me. This continued even after my internship was over for sometime. Even during the internship he would ask me to sit with him in his chambers while he would work or ask me to stay back. Eventually I had to cut short my internship by giving some excuse as I was made too uncomfortable.

While I couldn't say or do anything thinking about of his position, I have not been able to overcome the experience. I feel like raising the issue but then I do not even know what to do. I also realised this has happened to few other interns and everyone remained quite because as interns we do not even have any power fear retaliation.
If you are comfortable you can file a complaint with Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa. They have their own portal and hopefully some action will be taken.
Better than nothing. But again the complainant will have to expose herself to public and that might be uncomfortable and harsh for her.
can you post a linkedin and tag him? This has been happening for way too long with many female interns. Maybe use a fake account, other females who have experienced the same will surely upvote and comment, especially ones who are already working and not powerless
And how a fake account will help. In fact it will make easier to dismiss the claim altogether
No, not if she has screenshots to prove it like she said as it was on Instagram, people wouldn't be able to dismiss the claim as easily. Actually, I am wondering how stupid this partner must be to actually send such reels on a platform where screenshots could be taken, not only is it deplorable but also downright stupid.
I think it is not stupidity but arrogance that nothing will happen to him
File a police complaint against him. People like him deserves to be in jail
Unfortunate this happened to you. Be strong. Choose how to fight back wisely. Know that the opponent is too strong and be prepared for the fight and possible consequences for you if you don't win. Remember the viral AZB resignation letter? That's not even 5% of what you might have to face. Or else, be clever, fight back cleverly. I don't know how. That's for you to figure out.
Just share the links of 'sexually coloured reels'.

Rarely partners have time to share Instagram reels. When both of you follow each other, one can share a link to other person too.

You are either hyper sensitive or over reacting. If it was Sexual harrasment at workplace, you must take legal action.
Mods, please approve the comments. Clearly this person is a predator and female interns need to be made aware of it.
Its astonishing to see that dozens of comments have poured in no time all directly or indirectly screaming the concerned person’s name loudly. Question is, then in today’s world how has he been doing this to so many females for such a long while now that too without getting called out until this post?? and this is a pretty serious question
Just stepping away from the main bit (and I get that we have to believe the victim). I'm just wondering how easy it is to defame somebody on Legally India. I am far removed from Mumbai and the practice area of the alleged perpetrator, but based on some of the comments, I'm now 100% certain who this person is, based on my knowledge of my network. Surely, a victim has a right for redressal, but can all the slandering wait till something more meaningful is done, other than write anonymously alleging harrasment on Legally India? Again, I have no affinity for the alleged perpetrator. Just wondering out aloud how easy it is to bring down someone (which may also include your professional competitor). If further evidence points towards misconduct, please, by all mean, punish the perpetrator. However, please do not try and become judge, jury and executioner, like in a dictatorship.
Has happened with me as well - he used to call me multiple times in his cabin and ask very inappropriate and weird questions. I left the place within a week, good riddance.
This exact same thing has happened with me too and I have all the proofs required for the same. Honestly this is very scary and when it all happened I did not have the courage to speak against it as I was also just an intern. After my first internship at the firm I was praised well and was asked to join again as an intern. Later I used to recieve all such reels as described and I just used to leave it on seenzone as I wasn’t comfortable. This lead to me questioning myself if I was praised just for all this and if my work was good enough or not. This is really scary and gives a very bad impression of the field to a student. It’s very traumatising and it needs to stop.
Totally baseless and an attention seeking stunt!

I have interned with this firm for a substantial period of time. During the entire course of my internship, not even once I was made to feel uncomfortable, professionally or personally. Just because one can't get in the firm as a permanent member, people start speaking rubbish, starting with "character assassination" off course because, it is too easy to pin it on someone.
I infact agree with you. something very similar happened at the firm were i work.

Some random intern (who got in the last minute via pulling some big contact), accused the principal associate there. Now we all know that principal associate for several years, he never came accross as anything but professional to us, a rather kind soul if one were to descibe him. I just don't happen to understand this mindset of people saying such things which is coming at cost of one losing his/her reputation in the industry.
Unable to understand why mods are trying their best to hide his identity when this is clearly a true case and faced by multiple people. This is disheartening.
Because this is not a proper platform for these things. Mods need to balance everything. What if the claims are fake? If they are true, then instead of posting them here, OP should report the matter to relevant authorities.

No one can be allowed to defame anyone under the garb of anonymity as LI does not have any way to verify the claims.

NO COMMENTS SHALL BE ALLOWED ON THIS THREAD.

Requesting OP to kindly approach the relevant authorities with the proofs they have.
A 15-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
The ideal route is legal, of course. File complaint to women rights commission, report to bar etc.

But if that feels too taxing, please just post it all on LinkedIn. With screenshots. You'll have the full support of the corporate lawyer community except a few cocksuckers and their opinion doesn't really count.
A 8-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 1-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 19-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 39-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 97-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 78-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 27-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 28-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 43-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 29-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 57-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 57-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 8-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.