Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
I have got nothing against NLUs. In fact, this year only I got a seat at one of the NLUs. But what makes me curious is reading that Harish Salve, Sharad Aravind Bobde and plenty of other highly successful lawyers studied in apparently nondescript colleges in India. Now don't attack me by saying that NLUs came into existence much much later. But I wonder if a uni like Nagpur university could nurture such talents and make them highly successful. Is it really possible? Will a student from NLS be better when he's 60 years old than, say, Harish Salve?

PS:- Please consider that I am very naive and yet to learn so much yet. So it would be good if you don't come down on me ruthlessly and troll me.
Taking a line of logic (that NLUs didn't exist then) as a personal attack itself is your mistake
People are a mix of their environment and their choices. You can go to a shit uni and make wonderful choices and get ahead. You can go to nls and waste your life and fall behind. But to the extent that some nls students make good choices also and they have a good environment - they have a significant advantage and can dream bigger .

Those people might become litigation superstars , they might get Rhodes , they might become partners in white shoe firms.

These things are very difficult to do - do you need every advantage you can get.