Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
I already have registration of the bar council of Delhi and have passed the AIBE. Should I also get registered in the bar association? What advantage does that give me? Will it count in my seniority later or will my seniority be counted on the basis of the bar council registration?
Seniority - State Bar Council

Voting Rights - Bar Association

In my state, you can't litigate unless you have BOTH cards (council & association). Each council has its own rules.
Bump. I wanna know if it will effect my elevation later as a senior advocate or if it will have any effect on being considered as a judge later. (Abhi toh waise khyali pulao hi hein)
Everything will take care of itself if your Daady or Uncle was Justice / Sr Adv
Fir pls litigation mat karo. Agar kar rhe ho, toh recognition ki mat socho
Not lying. Promise. You legit need Bar Association membership to HOPEFULLY get a place to sit at least for lunch during lunch hours. I got no clue about the Delhi scene but in my state specifically in my city which has the HC principal Bench people have been asked to leave the bar room even as they were having lunch if they aren't members Where I practice Bar Association membership to me at least is some guarantee that they'll let me have my lunch in peace