Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
Hi. Beginning a Corporate Internship at Khaitan in March. What is the basic stuff that I need to know. Any topics of law to brush up upon. Please provide guidance πŸ™
Hi thank you for the response, if possible, can you let me know from where I can read up on this?
Hm.

Read up properly on 42 and 62 and related rules of the CA, understand the basic governance provisions.

Read template loan and ncd agreements plus SSAs and SHA (and articles which can be publicly accessed). Google any words you don’t understand - like Drag along or pre-emotive or rofo. Familiarise with documents in case you get staffed on a diligence you at least have base line familiarity. Pick on consent requirements for change of control or new investments or transfer of shares etc.

Read about esops under companies act.

Learn what fc gpr and fc trs filings are under fema.

TOPA - what’s a charge what’s a mortgage - different kinds.

Read your basic contracts act - indemnity guarantee offer acceptance provisions.

CA see what form you need to file for what action with mca.

Get familiar with manupatra for case law reasearch and improve your research summary skills.

And once you join:

Figure out a senior who works in that office and find out firm formatting requirements. Every mail and document you send to the person you work with from day 1 onwards needs to be super formatted (font, colour, size, justification, header footer and numbers). Make sure there are no typos and random capitalisation.

When sending emails make sure you set out background, query, analysis and conclusion (as separate heads) for research questions.

Can go on and on if you need to super prep.

But what I have said above would make you better than a standard A0.
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation! Will get to work on it immediately. Responses like this validate the existence of a forum like LegallyIndia.
Got a ppo without explicitly doing any of this, barring what I remembered from college courses. Be thorough and diligent in your work, google and ask questions when you don’t understand something, that’s enough.
Could you please brief of how you applied and then landed to a PPO. Some tips Please!
The formatting part and familiarising yourself with search engines is good advice though
Does this work for any Tier-1 Corporate Team Internships. In my case, CAM?