Read 70 comments as:
Filter By
Kindly stop targeting law schools based on personal vendetta. Threads like these have never generated constructive criticism.
How is this a personal vendetta? Exactly how? This platform can actually help organize a proper protest as most of the students are scared of speaking openly.
You, Mod, marking every comment critical of NLS as trollish is a vendetta. This is actually the most accurate picture of NLSIU in 2024. Grow out of your insecure mentality.
There were certain facts which were not verified at all. Plus, I can assure you that a lot of superficial criticism was involved (certain phrases were used like ‘the place is just hell’) which could’ve dampened any scope for a productive discussion.
Why don't you use the same standard when it comes to all law schools though? For instance, places like NUJS, GNLU and several other law school threads have used far stronger language than this and those comments still get published on a regular basis.
Do you really need to ask? The Mod is from NLS so his/her self-esteem depends on propping up NLS.
@Tier One NLU Mod: Are you saying that the LI mods verify facts before publishing the comments? Since when?
NLS people will try to stay number 1 by censoring discussions than actually improve their law school/construction zone.
The VC also doesn't get involved with local law colleges. That probably means that he should step down from his duties at NLS too.
"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

Do those "extras", bruv. Any which way, you won't get time after you join these glorious law firms.
If you increase your BALLB seats 4 times in less than 4 years, you are doing something horrible. No major expansion of infrastructure or building new hostels, etc. only adding more students. Standard of education and quality of life bound to deteriorate at NLS Bangalore.
This is no way related to the topic here and your views are uncalled for, you’re not the one to decide what goes on and how quality education gets impacted by any move of the administration whatsoever. NLS will remain NLS and it’s for such trolls to see
Keep your nls downfall fantasies to yourself. This issue is not because of batch size increase, but rather due to an apathetic and uncoperative admin.
The increase is also because of the same admin and the long term downsides will be irreversible.
How did someone force you to elect someone else? Next we know, you're gonna start blaming the EVMs.
By virtue of there being no other candidates. Especially the female-quota co-president. There was no other female contesting.
At this point of time, the student body needs to be united. Please throw away your personal politics and come for the GBM today. Let's get together and throw the dictator and his puppets away.
We have exams to study for. Even if we didn't, we would have better things to do.
Please come for this protest. This is probably our last chance to do something. Otherwise, all these GBMs, protests will keep coming up over and over again. Let's end this!
When is it happening? Asking as an outsider who stands in solidarity against the high-handed admin tactics.
Yes, even the Chancellor has got a direct line with Sudhir and is more likely to only pay heed to his versions, supported by other alumni like GShanks who's part of the Sudhir coterie and has got access to CJI.
How about a word of advice for a PhD aspirant ? Is the VC still still on thesis ? Should I apply ?
Try applying to NALSAR, NUJS, etc. Try and avoid this place until the messiah goes. You won't have a significant impact on your CV if you do a PhD from Nalsar rather than from NLS. However, if your thesis is not approved then that can eat away a lot of valuable years.
This is absolutely true. As someone who sits in the board of several PhD candidates from NLS, I have often felt strange at the inordinate delay even after the panel has deemed satisfactory progress or passed a thesis.
I completely agree. This is not to target NLS but to warn people not to come here as they would regret it. Every new batch suffers and regrets the choice they made. So please choose some other college as this place is surely hell.
I am here and I do not regret it. It depends on what you are here for. If you are immature enough to be looking for a bollywood college life, then ideally do not come to any T1 NLU.
Thank you for saying this. People want to join the best and not work their best. Law school is supposed to grind you. Trust me when you join corporate you'll feel more at ease. Otherwise you'll cry like a baby when you have to slog for 12-14 hours in the initial years.
You didn't lead such a life at law school yourself. So why are you exhibiting this streak of sadism?
I didn't either. And I adapted to law firm life just fine. Why even stop at the university then? Just get people enrolled in army camps from childhood. What ridiculous argument!
Sudhir has objectively improved standards and the student body is just stupid. How can you not deal with 75% attendance and then just get frustrated with a couple of deadlines to call for protest, ******* snowflakes.

Bhaad mein gaya trilaterals, study for exams.
*other law schools would be crying after having got him as their VC.
Yes, that's how law school should be. Rigorous. If you can't take it, then drop out after a year and study something else that your mindset may be more suitable for.
Not really. Stats show otherwise, man. You should really start paying attention.
Yeah and how are they going to deal with 90% attendance from next year? He already mentioned it in class once
As a hard working student who pays attention in class, I really hope this 90% rule is enforced. It's really disgusting to see people who are not serious watching movies on their laptops, not participating in class or disrupting.
If they can clear all the evaluation even without attending classes, then either the teacher is redundant or the course simply does not require that much effort. Either way, they can still become good lawyers, so who are you to tell them that they shouldn't?
Honestly, as a senior in NLS, it's good that sudhir has canned these events. Frees up time and resource for other things. If you want to party, you are always free to go to Amity/Jindal/symbi
If you are not interested then don't participate. Is anyone forcing you to participate? How is it eating your time away?
If you want to be subjected to school like discipline, then you can always go back to school instead of staying at a university.
The VC shouldn't get to choose all by himself how such resources are to be spent, especially when he is relying almost exclusively on student fees to get such resources.
A 69-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 23-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 29-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.