Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
There is no information available on Khaitan Chennai much. What is the salary of an AO in Chennai office? How is the office culture overall?
Khaitan Chennai is not legit Khaitan. Most national law firms in Chennai are not legit national practices.

They are local firms tying up with Mumbai/Delhi/Bangalore based national law firms. Because chennai is not a city where biglaw thrives.

Khaitan Chennai is basically Assentio Legal a Chennai firm who tied up or merged with Khaitan.

I don't think they pay same salaries as Khaitan in Bangalore/Mumbai/Delhi.
The pay may be different, and the office may not be as busy as its counterparts, but saying that its not legit T1 is wrong, look into the profile of the partners, most of them are from different offices of T1 ( Vivek from KCo Mumbai)
This is not true. Chennai is witnessing an influx of first-hand GC work in recent years and GC practice has started booming - otherwise no Biglaw would even consider setting up a base. Been in close touch with the Chennai market for long to assert this.

Khaitan Chennai is not just Assentio Legal. When KCO was set up, Vivek Sriram also moved from Mumbai with his clientele to head the Chennai office. They also added Pramod from SAM Delhi to their partnership. Both Vivek and Sriram are great people to work with and have solid GC work which is better than even a few teams from other offices put together.

The same goes for Aarthi Sivanandh (ex-JSA. now a senior partner heading AZB Chennai) and Kavita Vijay (ICUL Chennai).

While the pay is not comparable to other locations (there is still a minimum of 30-40% gap), the work has surely become on par. Please look at the credentials and the nature of work being done recently by the partners in Chennai before dissuading.
Absolutely! However firms need to ensure pay parity with counterparts in other cities soon.
A0 salary must be same in all Khaitan offices I'm thinking. Donno why bias against chennai A0 if any difference. I think litigation don't get paid well from my sources
I think they have 50 people. Everyone is down to earth and helpful. Their cafeteria is very small and can sit only 5 ya 6 people. Not a very flashy office like a typical T1. Partners are also nice. Vivek is little silent and humble and works late everyday. Pramod is from SAM. Triyambuk is assentio that merged with KCO and is very friendly and teaches and explains things patiently. A0 is same salary in chennai office and is 1.3L. Wanted to work only in Bangalore but will consider working in chennai if KCO offers. But generally pay is not good in chennai.