Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
I have severe anxiety and due to the same could not attend the scheduled internship interview at a Tier 1.

Due to an ongoing hectic internship coupled with a major anxiety attack I fainted and ended up in the hospital.

My Uni senior who helped push my CV is pissed as I didn’t inform them nor did I pick up the HR calls.

Anybody else with similar experiences or debilitating anxiety?

Or am I the only sore loser? 🙁
You have to start working on it. Go see a professional. Just ensure you don't mess up references after this. That hurts more than messing up a T1 interview. People put out their necks for you and you cannot do this to them. I am sure you're not a loser, but you can make smarter decisions. Take care of yourself and good luck.
i think you need medication, yours is a very serious and intense anxiety. do you have any close friends? social isolation and loneliness aggravate anxiety.
You are not the only one, and there is professional help available to deal with it. Please use and deal with it before things get worse. Anxiety always worsens without treatment.
I still have crippling social anxiety and am a year down the line in a t1 firm. I was in a same spot as you back then and was literally sweating through my blazer and bumbling throughout when I gave my interview. But if you know your stuff, it won't matter to them. It's hard and heavy on you I'm sure, but don't let interviews define you. I would also encourage you to get help, seek counseling. It has helped me but it takes time, and money too but don't let that deter you. But I can't tell how you might be if you get into a law firm as I'm going through the experience right now. But so far I've seen that being a social person helps a lot because you'll be respected or admired if you are. I would just urge you to focus on your mental health even if you get or don't get a t1 job. Honestly, I know coming from me, it isn't a lot but getting a t1 job is really not a parameter of career success in life. I've seen people come from t2s and t3s as well and they tend to thrive usually far better in t1s.