Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
I am searching for corporate law internships in Bangalore. I am quite frankly lost at how do I approach the whole issue. For context I have emailed the HRs of every big or small law firms in Bangalore with my cover letter and CV. But i received no reply. Is there any specific type of law firms I should focus on? or am i missing a step entirely?? Please be kind this my first post and I'm really nervous!
hi,

- ensure that your CV is crisp and to the point [not more than 2/3 pages]

- it would be better to figure out what "corporate law" division you are interested in [Gen Corp or M&A etc.] so that you can frame your cover letter in that manner

- a firm is going to accept you only if you have some prior work experience in that subject area - so if this is the first time you are applying for a corp law internship then it is unlikely a big law firm will choose you. try finding tier 4 or 5 law firms and start down there - you will build up your CV quick

- honestly, it is a hassle to get internships rn - if you dont have connections, it is indeed difficult - "its not a you problem"

- ppl have already started getting internship confirmation for this year, so it would be best to ask for months near June-August [if possible try choosing a month during which fewer colleges have vacation]

i hope you do find something! I am drowning myself :(