Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
received a placement opportunity for MUFG- London office, in house role. Any insights?
Are you by any chance from NLS?? Don't know about the role but I guess it would be entail a different experience from the usual firm experience.
Don’t expect them to pick more than 2-3 guys across all the colleges
dont the magic circle law firms pay double atleast of this ? is it even worth for someone who has a T1 job then and can shift to a magic circle firm later?
I would not personally start my career with a bank unless you're sure you want to stick to inhouse forever.
It is over the median income in London, which is around 41K pounds a year (source: https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-8456/ stating weekly median pay at 796 GBP * 52)

Don't use the pay of City Firms as a benchmark, their associates are placed well into the Top 5% of earners in the UK, which generally has lower pay than the other usual anglophone destinations like the US and Aus.

55K is sufficient to live a pretty good life in London, especially if you are ready to treat a job as just that, a job.
Did they actually go ahead with interviews for anyone after taking applications? Does anyone across law schools know, please do tell
A 7-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.