Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
I don't think aise questions LI pe poochna chahiye aapko. Ek aisa platform jaha anonymous log sabko demotivate karte firte hai. Naa hi aapko aisa question ek aise insaan se poochna chahiye jo fake motivation ka dukaan ho. Ye question ka answer waise yes and yesn't hai respectively. Hone ke liye kuchbhi ho sakta hai. The deciding variables being your hardwork and a bit of luck aka destiny.
Thanks. Hardwork I can do. Not sure about destiny. I have been through a lot since childhood. I dont have much savings. Just for few months . I have zero contacts and zero friends there. Kuch nai hai yaar.
Yes. Three of my batchmates. All first generation. Average kids. Now AoRs. Have around 10+ years of practice and doing great. You can do it as well. Just remember to try and intern under SC advocates before graduation and secure some sort of work post graduation. My suggestion based on my batchmates journey is; in the first two years focus on district court litigation. One year do civil, the next do criminal. Then 3rd and 4rth year, go to the High Court and again one year civil, the next criminal. 5th and final year..apply to all SC advocates through your DC & HC contacts. The fact that you did both civil and criminal litigation internships at both DC & HC would show that you're interested in litigation and not corporate. Moreover you've come from the bottom to top approach with respect to learning the way of the practice. This will help you to secure a SC internship. Then focus on it like it's your PPO chance. Even if you don't get through post graduation, ask them to hook you up with someone. One of my other batchmate requested 6 months of no-pay assessment work. After 6 months he joined the chambers. In the end, you have to work hard, build contact and prove to people you're worth the hassle. Why would complete strangers take you in their chamber when you haven't proven anything. That's why majority internships in courts and a geniune interest in practicing will get you a foot in the door for SC. Long and arduous road. But worth it. All the best !
Work your way up. Join DC advocates who also work in HC. Build reputation through contacts and winning cases. Contact SC lawyers for no pay internships as a practicing advocate.