Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
Is it normal for Trilegal to hire an intern who just finished their 2nd year or just finished their 5th sem? Just saw one girl from JGLS on LinkedIn who got into Trilegal before her 3rd year even started, and then worked there again after 5th sem as a "call back intern". Another girl from JGLS is working there, having just finished 5th sem.

I'm surprised because as far as I've seen the seniors in my college, all tier-1 firms hire for the period from when a person would've completed 3rd year, i.e., after 6th sem. I had observed this in the tier-1 interns from different colleges as well. Was I wrong about the post-6th sem thing or did these girls just get in through contacts? Pls lmk if there's any standing policy. Thanks!
Hey, I interned there after the results of my 2nd year were out. However, I received a confirmation before the results were out. And yes I went through a reference. It is not possible to intern there if you apply without a reference and it honestly does not make sense. I didn't understand shit.
There's nothing to understand at these firms. They just do what clerks do in most corporate offices but with more confidential and important documents
Thank you for wasting your own time and the spot of a valuable student in 4th/5th year who needed it
Let it come back to me, I'll deal with it as I always have. You win some you lose some. I don't think I can make a decent career without fighting left and right for opportunities. Me getting an opportunity obviously means others don't.
I'm also from JGLS, your senior. My question to you is why would you waste an opportunity after 2nd year and not use the contact one year later? Like even from a strategic perspective, it doesnt sound wise unless your contact is extremely close and will get you multiple internships. Even a callback in 3rd year is a waste as they won't hand out a ppo
Hey, I'm not from JGLS. It was more of a right-now opportunity. Had spoken to the partner in a competition, and he agreed to refer me. I was scared that he won't do it later so I shared my CV then and there.
Bro that's not contact internship, it's actually getting a network and professional reference, which is definitely a good thing and can be likened to a general application because obviously the partner saw some merit in you.
But I wasn't given stipend. So Trilegal considered me a contact intern..
Someone else with a source would have taken the spot no need to cry over it bud
As a former T-1 associate, I'd never trust a 2nd year with work and the implicit assumption would be that the person came through a reference, even if that person studies at a T-1 NLU. I really don't get how people can be so shameless to freeride on contacts and pretend they "achieved" something for themselves. It's better to start at the bottom and climb to the top than have daddy pick you up and place you there. Where's even the challenge of life for these tools?
depend on your "contacts" one girl from MNLU if not wrong got in her 2nd year. must be nice to lie about how you got it and then just ruin the seat for others
Exactly, there's no real need to lie about it to people. I honestly tell everyone the truth. People are already stressed as is and I feel there is no point in making them feel inferior when they really aren't.
most ppl at JGLS have connections so don't beat yourself about it. I just saw the LinkedIn profile of a girl who interned at JSA after her first semester!!!
Yet the absolute numbers (let alone the percentage in a huge batch of 1000) don't come close to nujs
A 14-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.