Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
No, because many profs actually teach the philosophy of law and not just the provisions which even a local college can teach and students can mug in a month. I myself am from NLUD and looking to do judiciary and I wouldn't trade it for any other place
Don't do an intensive masters course if you don't want to. Don't come and join a course meant for a certain purpose and then cry that it's not your coaching center.
Can you stop giving your opinion where it isn't required? I'm doing my undergrad at NLUD.
Typical NLUD troll. Doesn't even bother to read a comment and what it means before rushing in his quest to lynch others in foolhardy and needless defence of his territory. The OC actually said that he won't trade NLUD for anywhere else, which is clearly in support of the institution, not the other way around.
You just need to read by yourself for judiciary if you are already studying law at a decent place.
I am a Judiciary aspirant from a law college. And I can tell one thing - here Local law college kids beat NLU's. In NLU's you are taught how to apply law. Local colleges you are taught law. You hate to learn rote provisons.

NLU kids participle in too much moots, ADR, internships etc which doesn't make any sense for Judicial Exams preparation. Also local college students are good at local language than NLU kids.

NLU kids, Symbiosis and Jindal - local kids will beat you in Judiciary. While we are unable to get good jobs especially corporate ones in big cities.

Judicial exams preparation is all about rote learning.

Since local college don't have the privilege of corporate jobs. We work hard from 4th Year. We learn stuff by heart for Judicial Exams.

And Judiciary only tests how much you have memorized.

Your internship at DY Chandrachud's chamber, Trilegal or Vidhi doesn't make sense.

Your speaking skills, research skills also doesn't matter. Because it's all about memorization and writing answers.

Sorry but the reality - we have a massive advantage here.
Accha, hum nluwaale sarv gun sampan hai, we don't want to get into lower judiciary because aisa karne se humari growth restrict ho jayegi.

Aur posting dekhi hai kaha hoti hai

Only DJS is good baaki sab toh ainwayi hai
Haa tum udhar 4'4 cubicle me apni zindagi khatam kardo and bahar nikalne ke bad toxic air and non stop traffic me. Ghar aane me bad insonia..Na sun set dikhega na sun rise.
This is true for most government exams actually but kinda also explains why the government services are so fucked up as far as the common man is concerned.
Stupid take, I am from NLUD. Out of all my batchmates who wanted to pursue judicial services, not even one failed to make it. If someone is smart enough to understand it, they can also rote learn it where required.
Local TLC college grads crack the judiciary exam in greater numbers because few NLU grads choose that career option to begin with. Those who do opt for it crack it still with relative ease.
I am the local college student who wrote this comment.

Firstly the amount of superiority complex you have is sad.

I wrote one advantage of being a local college student over elite nlu and privates colleges. And immidiately people lost shit and started telling local judicial system is bad because of us.

Local Judicial system is the backbone of justice system in india. You NLU sls jindal students work as lawyers in High court and corporate firms where you don't contribute anything.

Our students crack judicial services in higher number not because we are dumber. We are hardworking student comings from poorer families and doesn't have privlage of nlu rich students.

We work hard. Also our syllabus helps us. While you waste your time on moot court competitions, working, reading unnecessary legal books and researching on large theses, doing LLM in Europe. We study for Judiciary. Mugging up doesn't happen overnight. We study.

Tell your college to make your course simple like local law college? No. You won't because then you will loose privilage of campus placement and job opportunities.

So called extra curricular activities make your cv and push you to get job in a corporate company and corporate law firms.