Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Hello brethren, it's your boy. I wanted to have some guidance regarding my career. So cutting the story short, I got an offer from two places. One of which is from a reputed lawfirm in Project Infrastructure and Finance ( which I want to make a career in ) in a tier II City and other for an in house role in a major MNC in Bom. The law firm is paying me 26 k per month whereas the MNC will pay me 80 k plus other remunerations.

Point 1: My family would eventually want to shift to Bom as my sister is on a top managerial position in a marketing company.

Point 2: I am a 23' grad.

Please give your little brother some insights. Lal Salam.
But what about promotions. Is it possible to switch to firms later on in ‘ In house’ roles?
From a long-term perspective, take the Law Firm. The pay is less and the firm is thereby a small one I assume, but you will get good exposure to the kind of work you are interested in. 80K honestly is just decent for a place like Mumbai .

With some experience, you can easily shift to a law firm in Bombay( even in-house) for even better pay than 80K a month at a boutique or a T1 firm.

It is easy to transition from a law firm to an in-house and not the other way round. This is because an in-house environment is much slower and laidback and less challenging than a law firm. So a law firm will greatly undervalue the time you have spent at a inhouse while an inhouse will take your law firm experience very positively.
Thanks man. I think I will heed to advise. How many months should I work at the firm before I make a transition. I am a quick learner and have taken some courses online. Additionally, I am also preparing question bank for the future interviews. What should be my strategy for long run? I think I would want to end up at Trilegal after some time. The present firm I would be working is a tier 3 firm.