Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
How is Trilegal's bonus decided?

I heard it is a rating system (Below Expectation, Meets Expectation and Above Expectation). But now we are told it is going to be a certain percentage of the maximum bonus payable; decided by some random rating metric.
Obviously do you think you are entitled to a "guaranteed bonus" for work that has to be reviewed and rechecked?
The pay you are getting is way over what most graduates earn as a fresher, work for it, put in your hours. Your partner went through the same thing you did, maybe change things when you are a partner
I was an A0 in a particularly notorious team (with a viral ongoing thread) and I was being targeted and put in a position that i leave, and I was given bonus of 49k. I want you to know how much power partners have and they can anyday and anytime twist and show how bad your work is. Truth is most partners are out here looking to cut into people's bonuses and keep it for themselves. After all, no one can question them on this. Perception overpowers performance anyday. Especially in all equity firm because here they don't have any particular supervision unliked CAM/SAM/AZB where they can be held liable or punished for their actions.
Punished for their actions?? The firms you mentioned are the last two punish anyone. At least in 3L equity partners are regularly held accountable. The rest are fiefdoms
How common is this in Trilegal? Do most people not get their full bonus?
Yeah man, this came as a surprise to me too. I thought that expectations metric was all to it, but as expected from any law firm, they wont be distributing their money like this.
A 136-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.