Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Dear Advisor,

I m working in a finance company and got an offer from other organisation but in my current company there is my notice period for 2months. Is it mandatory to serve notice period? What if i exit immediately? Will i receive my relieving letter? My upper management is ego type if i discuss with them they will conditionally interrupt my period and relieving kindly explain the same... Please
You are a lawyer (I am assuming) so read your retainer contract. It will say very clearly what you can and what you cannot do. Usually retainers allow notice to be waived. Some chindi people will ask you to pay the company or firm you monthly pay while most won't.
You can always buy it out or you can ask them to adjust the same in your pending salary. And yes, the company can hold on to your experience certificate etc., if you do not serve the entire notice period. You can go to court against the company but that will reflect very badly since these HR may red mark your profile on job portals. Try to exit smoothly.
They can't compel you to serve your notice period - specific performance doesn't apply to contracts of personal service.

BUT. You will most likely have to buy-out your notice period.