Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
Im a bo29 student stuck between nujs and nluj. currently alloted nluj and can choose to freeze or float and will likely get NUJS.

with the current academic revamp at nluj plsu the new VC being very active will freezing my nluj seat me a better choice?

is the mooting culture at jodhpur really that inferior compared to kolkata?

all help would be appreciated
Abeyy!! LI follower band karde yeh comparison. NUJS is far ahead and will be far ahead, it has a competitive edge because of its prior establishment and extremely strong alumni base. It's only in LI it is abused by other law school or else their Day Zero placements for Batch of 24 was best amongst all law schools. Even in academia they have lot of Rhodes scholars, whereas, NLUJ has none. NUJS has a better mooting record too. Toh kya bacha rha? faculty is average in both of these colleges. How do you compare NUJS to NLUJ bataon? A fair comparison would be NLUJ with GNLU, even then I will choose GNLU over NLUJ. NLS, NALSAR, NLUD, NUJS; compare these colleges, eye same level mey hain.
Far ahead? Nashe mein ho kya. Get a life. NLUJ has surpassed nujs in foreign placements now.
Release the stats of the last 5 years and then do the comparison. Moreover, foreign placements of any NLU consist of literally less than 5 people in a batch of 130. That is too small a sample to reflect overall placement opportunities. Just check the NUJS alumni in various fields and it will be clear that the range of opportunities availed here is currently far greater compared to NLUJ and GNLU. That may change in future. At present that's the truth.
Given that you'll graduate in 2029, which is quite far away - I'd bet on NLUJ. Favourable government at centre and state, great VC and better infra.
Great VC? What's been so great about her tenure? People are so quick to judge, one way or another. Give her at least a year and see the real changes introduced, not merely superficial one. Personally, I think that she will do quite well, but then, PPS really set a low bar for us.
NLUJ has a clear vision right now,A pro-active adminstration which is both faculty and student centric.New Work Week(Monday to Friday) with improved teaching methods and good discussions make classes worth attending.Relaxed Test schedule also beneficial(Having seen the Cumbersome Schedule for years)

Recommend taking nluj is you want private rooms,good food,great mooting culture and ADR society

NLUJ has a vision,NUJS on the other hand is crumbling(quite literally)
NLUJ doesn't have a single good faculty considered to be an expert in their fields. If vision is the only thing that you boast of, then it still needs to be converted into reality. Moots and ADR performances of NLUJ have never been ahead of NUJS. When it comes to hostel facilities, that's the only place where NLUJ is ahead.
The answer is that NLUJ>NUJS, but if you live in Kolkata then NUJS>NLUJ as you can enjoy home comforts and be a day scholar.