Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
24/F graduated recently. Was from pcmb stream. Did a 5 year law, thinking now that it’s not for me, would it be dumb if I prepare for neet now? Is it too late? I know the answer is yes but either demotivate me or motivate me!
I too am in a same situation. Set to join a firm in July, good pay but still considering whether should I do something else or am I going to die in this rathole of corp firms.
Had 2 friends who got PPOs from leading firms (1 in Capital Markets and 1 in Competition) and they tell me how much they hate it 6 months into that same mundane shit. Its good to rethink a long term plan instead of the "Wow 10-20 lakh ka naukri mil gaya haath mein fresh out of law school"
Congratulations my friend! Life in ECM is the same repetitive stuff for the most part but I hope you find light in whatever you got going on:)))
Trying my best to get M&A somewhere else as I still have 4-5 months.
Try to shift asap. You have no clue how bad ECM insiders at top law firms wish to switch to GC/M&A after a year of never ending (due diligence + shitty backup + drafting 500 pager offer docs).
Life in ECM is worse than B&F. Seen people break down at KCO, Mumbai.
Can't tell the name, there are only a handful of PPOs in that team and they will recognise me instantly.
Can you share positive tips with someone wanting to clinch the PPO from the team?
Whatever decision you take, always remember life is too short. You never know when it will pass you by and you're left wondering "what if ?" It's never too late to do anything. All the best.
Not dumb. But I would strongly advice you to do soul searching. Why NEET Now ? Sit in isolation for few weeks to think and reason about it over and over again . Whats the underlying emotion which is making u choose NEET ? If there are enough Logical Analytical Reasonable reasons, then why did you switch to Law earlier ?

Good decision making is not emotional, it is Logical Analytical Reasonable.

I have seen that people who are most successful in life were very chill people. They maintain an attitude of indifference to what life throws at them. They have deep sense of inner calm. High Strung & Emotional folks often mess up their own lives.
The most successful people are chill and indifferent because their daddy got them the required network and business and not to mention capital.
Yes, the answer is a vehement YES. You have absolutely zero clue what you are talking about. You clearly don't know what Medicine as a discipline entails.

To give a basis for my answer, I am a corporate lawyer and my girlfriend is a doctor.

First, NEET is a thousand times more competitive and difficult to crack compared to CLAT. This preparation itself will take you nothing short of 2 years. Second, if you do manage to get a decent seat, MBBS is a thousand times more grilling than law. The 5.5 years (4.5 academics +1 year of mandatory internship) can be compared to life in a law firm in terms of working hours.

Third, after you manage to finish MBBS (and you'll be at least 30 by the time you finish), you've pretty much no standing without a PG degree. You'll earn pennies if you're just MBBS. You'll have to appear for NEET PG now and crack another extremely competitive exam. Even the 2-3 years of PG are very very intense. In fact, way worse than law firms for certain branches like Surgery, GM, etc.

So, accept the fact that it's too late for NEET and try to make the best of what you have.
The fact that I’m a first gen female lawyer who’s getting it very difficult to work in toxic law firms and litigation chambers. I’m from a traditional university so decent opportunities are out of question. And as much as dumb it might sound but biggest reason is that I miss being a science person and using my mind like that!
Do BSC with Biology or chemistry and become a patent agent/attorney.
A good MBA can give you time to explore various fields and domains in the corporate world. So, you can go for it. It's time savvy.
Do an MBA. As a girl from a non-STEM background, you will be preferred because B schools want to diversify their pool. Also, since you had PCM in class 12 you should be able to do well in the CAT/GMAT maths section.
Aakriti Goel: Engineer (BITS) turned MBBS student. Check out her YT channel.

Siddharth Arora: Doctor turned Supreme Court Lawyer

The writer of this comment: Professional Dancer/Choreographer of 10 years experience with a graduation in Journalism and Mass Communication, now planning to do LLB for engaging meaningfully in public service.

You are not alone when it comes to choosing an unconventional path. You just need a hell lot of will power in order to swim against the tide. After careful soul searching, you can go ahead.
Hey guys, im also in the 12th grade and my parents really want me to do the NEET as well. But I really want a career that pays really well and am really inclined for more inside the office and writing work than Emergency and patient care.
ISB Hyderabad chal jao. 21st Jan is last date to apply. After ISB join social impact consulting firms like Samagra if you want to help the poor, or MedicalTech startups if you want to remain close to Medical fields or UPSC CSE and join the Health dept.

Point is all options will be open after it. A lot of Doctors leave medical to get into Civil services. Ha, white coat pehn ke Doctor sahab koi nahi kahega.