Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
I am an incoming A0 at a T1 firm. This is my last semester of college, and I have a lot of spare time at my disposal. I was hoping if the wise folks of LI could guide me on how to effectively utilize this time to prepare myself for my upcoming role as an A0. I will most likely be joining a GC/M&A team.

Any guidance on what to read, or anything I can do to utilize this time better and prepare myself for my job?
Learn skills in MS Word:

Split view

Formatting (ex - indents, spacing)(especially all the levels of numbering in SPA/SHA, etc)

Shortcuts for frequently used inputs

Compare version between two documents

Redline/ markups

I have seen many A0s not knowing this and I feel having mastered these skilla while starting would have given them some edge to smoothly settle in with the team.

Please also get familiar with compliances relating to share capital under CA 2013 and investment compliances under FEMA NDI Rules, the rest you can take up as and when they come.

Keep exploring you will start identifying what to learn.

ATB!
Bhai, honestly, chill maar. These 6 months of grind won't make a dent in long term. 15-20 lakh milenge already, you will eventually earn more. It's a law firm job there is no WLB.

You are in the final lap of your college life. Last moments hai. Gym jaa, bandi bana, travel kar, bakchodi kar, sports, high ho, get wasted, club ja, woh chize kar jo nhi kara ya apne bacho ko sunana chahega, ya you had some entrepreneurial plans or something you did not pursue for some reason, yehi mauka hai karle.

All the best.
Highly agree with this. The efforts you would put in for preparing yourself will wont make a dent in long term. But this time where you have job security and mentally free will never come back.

Have fun!
Enjoy this time as much as you can.. fritter it away. Learn some healthy coping mechanisms for high pressure situations