Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
I know that Jindal has many alumni working in T1 firms, but what about those without contacts and from regular upper middle-class families? Do they get these jobs?

Also, what about making friends and dating if someone is not from a rich family? Will one feel left out?
Jindal alumni don't care enough about their alma to give jobs to juniors.
They laugh at your net worth. They can probably hire and SA like you to be thier car driver.
Hi, an upper-middle-class family with no contact studying at Jindal here. It is indeed difficult especially when your peers are right and left interning at tier 1 & 2 since 2nd year. I don't know about jobs, but the internship placement cell of Jindal is a medium to at least put yourself out there in the market. I have a few friends who actually got internships in good firms through the placement cell. But I don't know anything about jobs.

And no, you will not be left out if you are not from a rich family. There are all kinds of people here and you will find ppl for yourself.
Honestly don’t come here. I’m from a fairly affluent family (iPhone/Mac/Apple Watch). I feel insecure when my batchmate interns at CAM Bombay M&A in 2nd year, while wearing a Rolex to class during term here. Hard truths.
I think I can give a fair answer to this. In the same situation, but have a good T2 placement. Its definitely tougher being a regular person with no contacts, and the placement cell does not provide any extra support to people without connections. There will be times in the middle of law school when you might feel the pressure due to the lack of T1s on your CV. The only way to make it out and get a solid job is to at least be in the top 10% of the batch. Preferably have a high gpa accompanied with quality publications and moots. Its definitely not impossible to land a job, but your CV will have to be excellent in all aspects that are possibly in your control, like gpa and publications. Besides the lack of T1 internships in the CV, if you maintain everything else you'll have a fair shot at a T1 job.

As far as friends are concerned, I found some of the best possible people who have stuck with me throughout the fuckery. I did get lucky with these people but I believe that anyone can find a spot in the Jindal crowd. You'll find your group, maybe not in your first semester but somewhere down the road.
I can share that a Jindal grad, who is from a very famous and wealthy family, married her classmate, who is from a normal middle class family. So it doesn't matter how much wealth you have. There is no discrimination.
jindal doesn't release individual batch ranks right? how does one go about then?
You ask each one of your batch mate their marks and make a rank list of your own. easyyyyyyy
A 16-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.