Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
I am a 23 year old student who just recieved their bachelors degree in BBA. How should I start pursuing law now?
Bhai dekh, 2 kaam kar-

1. NLS nikal le. You might, might get into good law firms and then earn money. Very difficult (around 40 Open seats for General Non Karnataka Male). I don't think DU LLB has any placements. It is good, but, job-wise, I don't think so. Most people who are there are actually preparing for CSE and do it side by side.

2. MPP in USA me ghus ja. Waha pe 1st year ke baad, top univ me dual degree ka bhi option aata hai. But, give the LSAT before hand. It is comparatively easier, as they have to take some dual degree people. JD Degree is valid in India (I think).

3. NLU O also has started their 3y program. Apply there.

Dream route -

4. J-PAL type (under Prof Esther Duflo or Prof Abhijit Banerjee) evidence-based policy making or Yale Inclusion Economics India centre me ghus ja. Kaam kar 5y. Rise through the ranks. Get good recommendations from foreign Profs (Yale has Stanford Profs too). Now apply to Harvard Kennedy School. Get in. Now after 1st year apply to Dual Degree in law.

And finally become a Harvard JD wala Lawyer. Some people from DU have done it. Search on Linkedin, HLS, HKS.
Consider doing from US or UK or Singapore. You can then just do the bridge exam from NLS and clear the bar exam in India. This will give you an upper hand in the Indian law firms and space as there is a reasonable amount of snobbiness among top lawyers in the sense of where they have studied. Firms like AJEEBEE don't even take partners apart from top to mid level colleges. I really think you should avoid 3 year LLB in India. Also, you should know that law isn't what it seems or is shown. Not everyone is minting money or in a power position. Most are absolutely miserable. Please get a realistic insight into a lawyers life. And make an informed decision. Good luck.
Hey, I just a have different viewpoint to present to you.

If you're really very seriously interested in law then pursue Company Secretaryship. It's like 60% law and 40% accounting, finance and management. Your BBA might help you in the 40%, but for the rest, you have to give your best. Later on, you can do LLB along with CS articleship, which is done by many CSs. All the best.

This is the best route one should take to land a good job in the corporate world if one already has a UG degree, especially in a commerce-related field.
23 is not late at all. In the US they start much later. Look at this lady’s bio (an Indian lady who went to the US). She started her JD from Yale when she was closer to 30 than 20.

https://in.linkedin.com/in/shahana-basu-9061785
jaa bhia , mba vs law krle. smjh jagea kya h kya nhi . no 3 year llb guarantees placements, even GLC.You'll be way ahead of 5 year guys in Nlus. So choose wisely.
Bro, LLB is a waste of time. Since you have a BBA try to do a CA or an MBA. You can then do a part time LLB anytime in future, from a jugaad college. Barring law firms, people don't care where you do your LLB from.
A 22-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 2-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.