Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Don’t want a brand to show off. Just want a reliable watch to count my steps. Are desi brands good enough?
If it's just a basic step counter you want, I think the MiBand should be good enough.
Mi6 is awesome. Using the mi band since miband3, each one lasted more than 2years and only upgraded because of new features and it is cheap af.

The screen touch and size is perfect, steps are accurate, fairly accurate for cycling as well. Not accurate at all for swimming. But no other real competitor in the lower budget range. Garmin is good too but insanely expensive compared to mi.
I mean if you just want a step counter, use google fit app on your phone.

If you want a watch to not carry around phone all the time, take any random one, they all count steps pretty well. Do not depend on their BP or heartbeat monitor or anything else.

All 'smart'watches are the same China imported and rebranded shit if under 5000, even above those are pretty bad with their UI and functionality. I bought a zebronics one a while back and its okaish, nothing mind blowing. Counts steps well.
Get a Samsung galaxy 4/5...does a pretty good job for most of the activity tracking.
I mean if they're just looking for something to measure their steps, a Samsung will be an overkill. MI Band can easily do the job without costing much, plus they're pretty accurate too.
OnePlus Nord watch. Decently accurate. Looks great in blue, but the black one works too.
Get a fitbit for the sensor accuracy