Read 29 comments as:
Filter By
Which brand has good and comfortable shoes with a broad front? I can't wear the pointed shoes as I have a flat foot.

Are Hush Puppies still good or have they deteriorated? Any other good brands?
Get one from Skechers. One of their shoes (I forgot the name) is fully black and looks like formal shoes.

I literally swear by its comfiness.
I have the Skechers Bregman Selone. Comfort is top notch but they age poorly.
i have hush puppies, the pointy ones. the pointy thing is a problem. maybe I'm just used to sneakers but the small heel makes them a bit uncomfortable
I'm genuinely curious, not trolling. Can you really get away with these in a professional context?
Yes I wear black airforce 1s. Keep a pair of formal shoes for client meetings that will require it at the office also so you can do a quick switch if neeeded.
Hush Puppies are still good. You can try Woodland also; they make excellent shoes, including formal ones one would wear in court.
I’ve had the hush puppies brogues. Had to get it fixed but it’s been going solid for around 1.5 years now.
Bump also please tell some which can help with an increased height look for us short kings and queens
Metro shoes, there is a leather shoe with the sole of a sport shoe costs around 6.5k, it doesn't have a heel and feels just like a leather sneaker
Black chappals with dhoti. Most comfortable wear. Others do give you the look but who cares. Embrace your tradition. Love being comfortable.
Seasoned litigator here. I only recommend Vibrams. Best footwear for Court.
I've worked outside India a lot, and you tend to walk a lot because of public transport.

Clarks are one of the best brands out there, if you consider availability in India. Much more comfortable than Hush Puppies.

A good pair should cost around 4-7K. I've been using mine for 5 years now, and with basic shoe care, it still looks very professional.
Not the comfiest, but very well made and extremely durable - I have the a pair of brogues form Clarks' Craftmaster range. They have aged very well.
A 2-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.