Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
Hello. I am not from a legal background. Can someone working in an IP firm help tell me the starting salary and the annual hike for Paralegals (patents)? How is the role and work nature different from associate? Does the work provide sufficient personal time?
I believe you are from a science or tech background. Pay is lesser than what a lawyer makes but it's decent and good option if you're from pure sciences like Msc. Chemistry etc. You might find it decent then. It starts from 40 50k in firms like k&s and lall and sethi.. your work would be technical only and related to patent prosecution. You need to be good at it for patent drafting and responding to.ipo objections..even for prior art searches. Personally i left it because i wasnt good at Chemistry and trust ne technical knowledge is required a lot in this field
Thank you for the answer. I would request you let me know the salary of the docketing/filing assistance team. I was referring to them as paralegals in my above question. I find it difficult to work applying tech concepts.
Work is more organized in boutique firms, for both Associates and paralegals/sects (office ending around 5ish pm). However, the salary i believe is less in these firms. T1s do have a good pay n bonus for paralegals (1-2 month basic pay), but working hours extend on many days to at least 7/8pm with more often weekend demands. While both type of firms have leave policies, T1s might need you round the clock and even during your personal leave.