Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Tier 2 NLU or DU 5-year law course?
I've currently been allotted NLUO in the 2nd list. My AIR is 793 and I'm currently a class 12 student based in Delhi. So, I've been thinking about my options.
Should I try for SLS Pune, GLC, or ILS or go to a tier 2 NLU or DU CLC?
DU if you are from middle or lower middle class family.

Jindal if you can afford the fee.

Delhi and Mumbai way better than Cuttack and Shimla.

Tier 2 or 3 NLUs waste of time and money.

I will prefer a DU college over NLU Patna and Ranchi or vizag or Sonipat.
Seconded.

Ghar me rehke 10-20 hazar yearly fees me llb ho jayega. Plus if you can go for CS as it will give you more opportunities in the Corp Law career.

Also, there are so many benefits of doing llb from DU. Like internships, less fees, less hectic.
Agreed if you are a hustler, Delhi should be an easy one, access to the best courts of the country. Opportunity of long term internships and no attendance issues (DU is chill with attendance in my knowledge). Being in a city year around = better networking & access to law firms (connections needed regardless), will possibly miss out on mooting maybe, and missing out on NLU tag too is a practical discomfort of sorts. If I were laid back I'd rather go to NLUO.
Agree on every other aspect.

On the fee, the DU 5-year law programs are "unaided", hence the fee is similar to NLUO. It is the 3-year version that is "aided" and hence has very low fees. OP's query is about the 5-year version.
You'd have to be foolish to study in Cuttack when you have the option of studying in Delhi at a much lower fee.
Idk if you know this or not but the fees per year for 5 year llb is 1.9l and that's without hostel so not much difference between du and nluo
Go wherever you want but don't go to Jindal it's the worst law college ever