Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
I was watching a show on CNBC yesterday, anchored by the lovely Sonia Shenoy. She was interviewing a guest from the Pharma industry. Both Sonia and the dude were basically saying people should be bullish about the markets in the expectations of a Modi victory, highlighting the Pharma industry. I found this a bit weird tbh. Even in a Congress government, Pharma should do well because the demand for medicines is always high! Also, the same businessmen who are close to Modi have investments in many Congress states: Adani, Ambani, Tata, Jindal, Birla etc. I mean Naveen Jindal was literally a Congress MP!

So my questions are:

1. Is the bullish sentiment going to last even in a Congress govt or will there be a crash if they win?

2. Will the oligarch stocks (Ambani, Adani etc) always do well?
You know, if people actually knew the answer to this question, then they would be billionaries.
Like you said, every oligarch (including both Adani and Ambani) has very good relations with the Congress, and even provides funding for them in specific states where the Congress is in power.

If the BJP loses, there will be a crash. There always is, when they suffer an electoral setback. Use that time to buy. Stocks will bounce back.