Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
What do Judge Advocate Generals do after their decade long short service commission comes to an end?
1. Apply for permanent commission.2. Appear for CAT and join IIM for MBA.

3. Post graduation and teaching.

4. Join court and handle civil cases for soldiers & their family.

5. Join veteran welfare board.

6. Union & state civil services.

7. Go abroad.

8. Continue family business.

9. Open a coaching for SSB.

10. Law firm

These were the things that my batchmates and I did. The world doesn't end, on the contrary the decade exp in the army is seen as a great thing amongst recruiters especially in terms of leadership, team building and serving the nation. Don't forget being an army officer you would be a Group A/Class 1 officer.
Isn't your iim a 6 month diploma than a full fledged MBA? For retired personnel I mean
You can opt of a full fledged MBA, and that's what you should do, so that it's applicable everywhere.
Wow these are some shitty options.

2, 3,6,7,8,9 make absolutely no sense. Why would anyone do that after 10 YEARS of being in the army?
2. MBA is the only line of work that provides the same amount of money to cover their luxurious life that the army provides.

3. They already have a graduate degree and many do a PG from JNU, DU and then teach social science subjects at IMA, NDA, RIMC, LBSNAA etc.

6. All union and state service exams give you a 5 year exemption, therefore even if you're from a general category, you have the chance. One of my batchmates went on to become an IRS officer.

7. Go abroad, to work, to get job or if you're a Punjabi easily go to Canada to relatives plac, like another friend.

9. Coaching for SSB is a thriving business. Majority of retired folks easily earn lakhs.
Regarding point 3, what is the process for application if you wanted to teach at IMA, NDA or LBSNAA?
Have two batchmates in SAM or CAM, can't remember which one, two in Deloitte and one in KPMG. Several others are in 2nd tier law firms. You will not believe the attrition rate in JAG.
Hey, can we connect? I'm a JAG aspirant. Currently pursuing a 3 year LL.B course and have given 5+ ssb attempts till now
He meant connect as in heart-to-heart. Provide a disposable email or something lol.