Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
I guess Sam, kco and maybe luthra are good firms with decent WLB and good pay
It is rarely the firm or the firm policy that matters when it comes to good WLB. The inherent vice lies in the team and the practice area you are assigned.
Which practice areas are good for wlb and which are the ones to avoid?
First define what do you mean by "best paying" and "respect" and "work life balance". These parameters are important.
Trilegal for sure. It pays more than any other firm for the first 10 years after which you get equity so even better. Work-life balance depends on the team and not the firm. Gen corp team of trilegal is pretty chill.
Kuch bhi — SA1 onwards KCo bonuses blow our payscale out of the water. And in any case, my partner is supposed to be one of the "cool" ones and yet, WLB is nowhere comparable to my friends in corp teams at KCo, Veritas etc or disputes teams at SAM, Saraf etc.
Could you tell what is the pay of SA1 in KCo? I don't think it matches Trilegal after the recent hike across all bands. From what I know, an SA 1 at Tri now makes somewhere between 42-45 LPA.
Corp teams of S&R and TTA have pretty good work-life. These teams are not the best in the market but the pay is equivalent (for S&R, higher) to Tier-1s