Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
Everyone says if you badly want a job you can get it from anywhere if you work hard, intern right and be in the top of the batch. My coaching people are telling me to give other law entrances. How should I go about it? I feel I will be unemployed if I don't make it to the top 7 NLUs
Listen to everyone. A drop for law isn't as worth it as you think it is
No dear. All of us have seen law graduates from Non-NLU as well acing their first job and the whole career thereafter.

Take any law school, and invest yourself in internships, papers, moots (in the same chronology) and you'll secure your dream job.
Honey, do an easy jugaad degree from somewhere and use your free time to prepare for competitive exams: UPSC, Judicial, IIM CAT, GMAT etc.
Take a partial drop ie join college but prep hard for CLAT/AILET on the side. No studying too hard for college (you may not need to anyway as a college filled with 6K rankers isn't much competition), no interning or participating in any competitions and definitely no partying. Do all of that after cracking a good law school. Extracurriculars or internships from first year don't matter anyhow, even if you do continue in this college
but 6k is a good enough rank to get a decent NLU. Assuming you don't belong to the unreserved community.
Don’t take a drop dude, this is not CAT or UPSC. People crack CLAT in a matter of months, you are wasting crucial time. Imagine your schoolmates who didn’t take a drop, they would be 2 years ahead of you already. Plus, sitting at home without a job is the worst thing you can do in your 20s. Even people who prepare for competitive exams do it along with jobs because the gap in CV becomes difficult to justify at the interview stage.
Mat liyo vro second drop jo college mile usme hee achhe se mehnat kar
Honestly, there's no point in law if you don't do it from top nlu. Zero ROI
The thousands of successful litigators and other legal professionals in this country would beg to differ from you. The so-called 'top NLUs' hardly produce 1000 lawyers every year, which is less than 1% of total number.
Please explain why NLU grads are disproportionately represented in chambers and firms
Because advocates prefer chamber interns to be there all throughout the year. NLUs have greater academic rigour and attendance requirements that makes it difficult for their students to commit to such arrangements. For non NLU students, those are the only opportunities that they have career wise, lacking law firms as campus recruiters, hence they are more willing to completely neglect college classes and other requirements in order to intern throughout the year. There is also the point of most of these chambers paying very low to start with. Many NLU grads with more lucrative options and lacking generational privilege would of course not be interested in those positions. The problem lies with the chambers, not the other way around.
So from Zero ROI you have already shifted the goalpost to disproportionate ROI.