Read 26 comments as:
Filter By
Start with corporate. Enjoy life. Then when your 1st gen is ready to retire, join them, and carry forward the name. Don't let your 1st Generations efforts go in vane, especially since it's hard to build a name and get a chamber nowadays. Most of my friends have done the same. They're chilling in corporate and in a few years will return to marry and settle in litigation.
In terms of pay..yes..as contrast to getting a monthly salary directly in your account, you will have to work for each and every rupee, as in you will definitely feel it; since the first thing your clients will ask you is "kitna lagega?" (How much will it cost?) Then you'll have to figure an amount that is respectable to your efforts and at the same time affordable to the client. As compared to directly receiving money in your account, you'll have to ask for money.

Second, in terms of work, you will be hands on board, running from post to pillar depending on your work. If it's criminal, then it's more exhausting or exciting, to visit police station, court, client, scene of incident etc. In civil, more like walking from chamber to court. It's more "happening" than sitting in a cubicle for life.

Moreover, you've got what everyone needs. A mentor, a financial support, a foot in the door by being a 2nd gen advocate. You just need to learn the trade.

I loved litigation, much better than sitting at my desk from sunrise to sunset. However I'm a first gen and in the end I needed the money. And only reason I went back is cause of financial reason and an independent practice that I knew needed years more.

You're in the best position. Practice in corporate to get a feel and make money. When you're bored of it all, come back to court and practice litigation.

The only reason people don't take up litigation is money. Otherwise great place to be in.
okay thank you so much but i currently am getting a tier 2 nlu and i won't be able to drop a year due to my own wish and my family's wish so will i be able to get a good corporate job from this nlu if i work hard? I'm getting TNNLU,slight chances of upgrade to RGNLU or NUALS or NLUO and on the other hand i have a rank of 1600, will i be able to get into nlu jodhpur through nri and will it be useful keeping in mind I'll be changing to litigation anyways? the fee would be 40L through nri
See, looking at your rank and past year trends, you may not be able to fetch NLUALS, RGNUL, NLUO. In vacancy too, in exceptional cases it goes till 1400 - 1500. But may be you can hope for the best.

Provided you have 1600s Rank, you can get MNLU Nagpur/CNLU/ Other Tier 3 NLUs. I beleive MNLUN or CNLU are better than TNNLU. If you find it well, you may decide on your own.

Talking about NRI, If your parents can give 40 Lakh without any external help, go ahead. But if not, then it's dicey.

And to be true, everywhere it's your own capability to fetch internships either by contacts or by hardwork. There is no substitute to it.

One more advice, Nowadays law students are just "adviced" by a HNLU Bhaiya, Don't waste your money and all for "advice", apart from his advice also look towards your own situation, and various perspectives.

And getting into any NLU doesn't even ensures your internships, Placement ki toh baat Jane do. So, please be wise while making choices. All the best!
Bhai litigation ke liye never visit NRI Sponsored. Always take a drop or just a partial drop. It will be a huge mistake. If any of your first degree relative is OCI then try for nlu Delhi ka oci. Else just take the general rank wala college. Don’t spend so much money on NLUJ
my parents are ready to spend that money on nri and they can afford it without any loans,but i by myself feel bad for that amount due to my silly mistakes in the clat paper, like i don't want them to spend 30 lakhs more because i lost 5 marks,but at the same time if it's worth it then i might make use of it at best, but with my situation where I'll only do corporate for max of 3 or 4 years ( from 21 to 25) then go to litigation should i spend this high amount if I get into the nri sponsored? or what exactly should i do, private colleges,lower nlus, please do help me out
If you really care about genuine opinions, then don’t go for it. For the sake of 3-4 years corp it won’t be worth it, plus you can always retake clat. Join NUALS.
i don't want to drop a year, so if worst case scenario i get tnnlu will i be able to get a good corporate job if i work hard? is the scope of tnnlu in 2029 looking good?
With a rank of 1600, you will easily get nluo. Just wait and chill.
i just realised in my preference order i have put nluo below tnnlu so even if i get i won't be able to go, anyways i would prefer tnnlu over nluo as I'm from the south
Nuals Chala ja? Aab mat bolna you put tnnnlu above nuals too. Tnnlu isn’t bad but nuals is good too
my order goes like NUALS, TNNLU,NLUO. i have already got tnnlu so I can't go for NLUO and in the second list NUALS cut off was 1130 or something so I don't think it will drop down till 1610s
Very well. With this rank, you will aaram se get NUALS. Baas take it. If not then TNNLU is genuinely fine too. NLUO vacancies peh aaram se milega. Apply some common sense.
Pichle saal ka list uthale. And this year the lists have gone downnn too. And I ain’t even taking about vacancies. Mods should have marked this contested at least.
A 3-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.