Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
People complain of incompetent professors. Yet would shame LLMs. NLUs are the top most college in terms of resources, opportunities and education. Yet higher education scholars are treated like 3rd class citizens. They're told to do their PhD abroad. If someone could afford it and went, why would they return to India ? They'd teach somewhere else. In terms of research, NLUs do not guide their PhD scholars well. Example is the top most NLU where the VC is sitting on dissertations for more than 2 years. Imagine a scholar from NLS could have easily been employed at a better college if their dissertation had been accepted and didn't waste 2 years waiting for their acceptance. The central university like DU, BHU and GLC are in a worst condition. PhD is just completing years without proper research. How do we fix this ? How do people who wish to pursue higher education get a decent paycheck and some goddAmn respect ? If NLUs can't provide good phd scholars, what can we expect from other 600+ law colleges ? In the end we will continue to get below average professors.
I hate how LLM students are treated at NLUs. I would have probably gone for academics had it not been for the ridicule faced by 'Lullum' students at the NLU campuses. Passing my time at a T-1 now. Shame on students who disrespect LLM students.
I hate how every student who seeks an academic career is treated. It's time we start making academia a no1 priority and not a last hope for people.
I hate how I am preparing for PhD exams. Everything looks so bleak. Even after studying for 10+ years, I may not get the respect or finance that I deserve. Sad. Should have prepared for state pcs instead.
>trolls the living crap of anyone pursuing llm in India

>complains about shitty profs

I love how kids come a full circle
Sure. This is part of it. But honestly - there’s some introspection required from folks who do llm in India also. They choose to do it while prepping for exams. They resent having to do any work. Most of them don’t want to be in academia at all - they’re not interested in research or writing or improving standards of legal education. How many times on this website have we seen llm students complain about course load ? If undergrads can handle these courses why can’t graduate students ? And if you’re not gonna be ambitious and hard working and contribute to building the university where you’re at - it’s a bit ridiculous to expect people to respect you or treat you well when you might be undermining all the work they’re doing.

You don’t get respect by demanding it to be honest - you just have to be so good you’re undeniable.
I agree. I did my LLM from a 2nd tier and I was the only one who wanted to pursue a career in academia. What was sad was unlike the tier1 NLUs, there were no TAship offered. I still would visit my professors chambers to help with UG stuff. They appreciated it and through them I got a PhD interview. It's sad state of affairs.

How about not letting every tom,dick and harry apply for LLM. I believe they should keep the one year for those who want it for their CV. Teaching should only allow 2years LLM. Serious candidates will go for 2 years. And then the Universities should support the 2years into PhD or TA. Need to separate the wheat from chaff and support the ones who came only for academia.