Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
Very simple question is ragging still present in nalsar if yes is it brutal or just sir/mam thing. (Genuine question)
From what I've heard there is no such 'sir/ma' am' thing at nalsar, some people address their seniors as bhaiya/didi but that seems more like a personal choice than imposition.

Regarding ragging, I can attest there is definitely ragging in nalsar. I've heard it first hand, juniors made to sing, etc. You might not consider them 'hard ragging' and consider them as normal bonding activity, but nevertheless imo it comes under ragging.

Lastly, more of an anecdoatal incident. When I went to nalsar for some competition I sensed some power dynamics there. Like in one of the interactions, during an event, one of the juniors joked around with a senior and the seniors reaction was 'tell me your name so I can get you kicked out'

Now I understand this is just one incident, and may not be normal in nalsar. But it does tell you that such incidents do happen.
Not really. I will be very honest, if you are a girl - then there is no ragging almost. if you are a guy though, there is some ragging but nothing beyond knowing all the seniors and where they are from. Nothing else really. There is also this great rule at nalsar that - if you are uncomfortable, you can say you are uncomfortable and leave (and nobody objects to it). Some juniors do opt for that and nobody shuns them or anything. Nobody forces anybody to do anything like alcohol, smoking unlike many other universities, it is only an option if the juniors want to do it.
girls dont get ragged, neither did the 27 nor did the 28 batch did. And even our '26 batch did not get ragged.

Guys more or less, but random shit like sing songs, make a train (lining one after the other) and dance around, but this is never extreme.

And at the risk of overemphasis, there is a rule of "uncomfortable" at nalsar - if you are uncomfortable by any interaction with the seniors, you can just state you are uncomfortable and leave.
As someone from the class of 2024, I can proudly say that after we faced the traditional & largely uncomfortable ragging, we actively decided to kill that obnoxious culture at Nalsar. You will no longer be subjected to any of those things, there will be no ice-breakers on freshers, and you will most certainly not be made to partake in the horrid Nalsar 'anthem'. If you feel uncomfortable in any interaction with a senior (your immediate seniors are more likely to rag because they have largely never experienced the harms of being ragged), please reach out to anyone from the anti-ragging committees or a fifth year in general.

That said, if you are found to be disrespectful to your professors or engaging in discriminatory/problematic conduct, you can expect seniors to have a few issues with that.
Spoken like a matured individual soon to become a professional. My respect for nalsarites stands increased.
Unfortunately, ragging is still present conspicuously among the IPM students and probably the law guys as well. You'll be ragged by IPM seniors, most likely IPM 27 and now 28. Also, having met BALLB 28 students, i can say for sure they'll rag you as well. Of course it won't be physical–though they might push you around and stuff–but it will be verbal and mental. The good thing is, and i can vouch for it, the fifth years and the fourth years of law are very good and will protect you.

This is coming from personal experience. I was mildly abused and made to feel helpless by my immediate seniors. They used to wake us up at odd hours and asked us to do weird things. Sometimes they would just launch into unnecessary preachy speeches which we obviously had no interest in but all we could do is stand and listen. They think of it as fun when in reality all of it is unnecessary torture. And all of this is actually true, this happened with me.

Just turn to sbsee zyada senior students when this shit happens...

Ps:- if you're a girl then i have no idea...
One guy slapped me hard for questioning him where he was from. He said be in your limits. But i questioned nevertheless. Not surprisingly, i was slapped and held against the wall and this matter was brushed under the carpet cause the whole senior batch was with him. No matter what fifth year guys say, this is really something that can happen for sure. So just steer clear of seniors and don't talk to them.
Any person "actually" studying at NALSAR can verify this is not true
How? Are you saying that the entire university remains present for every 'interaction' between students?
Happened in the month of Sept 2023. If i never told anyone how the hell would anyone know??? They are some 800 plus students in total right???how can everyone know everything
Bro get out of your room, not every issue is highlighted in anonymous proton mails.
File official complaint about ragging with copy of central Home Ministry & Education (HRD) ministry.. People will come to beg for mercy. It is a sadistic thing. Must be dealt hard.

File one set in person & another by registered post & write home address on post acknowledgment.
A 10-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.