Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
I got into GNLU.

Wanted to know what the overall prospects about the place are. If I do join what do I have to look forward to?

I am tempted to write the CLAT again because I feel I could get a better rank.

What's the overall workload over there?
If you join, you can look forward to education.

Overall workload is what is necessary to make you earn the degree after 5 years.
I mean that's a vague answer and would apply to each and every college really.

Was hoping for something more specific. Hopefully someone who is actually from GNLU might answer.
GNLU is the best "rising" NLU if you haven't made it to the Top 3 or NLUD.
NLUD trolls displaying their trademark insecurity. You want to be compared alongside other NLUs, then join CLAT. Otherwise, we don't care where you are.
We will join once the consortium learns how to conduct it properly and with transparency.
I simply distinguished on the basis of what entrance exam was being spoken about by OP.
In Indian academia, publication record is pointless. Our system isn't built in a way where publications and research work correlate or correspond to teaching pedagogy.
You can be a good teacher without being a great thinker but you can't be a great teacher unless you are also a great thinker. Unfortunately the loudest voices about academia have very little understanding of how it works.
There you go, the mandatory NLUD stan appears, not understanding that OP meant top 3 CLAT NLUs, which is why they mentioned NLUD separately. Also, top 1? Only in your dreams and not reality.
NLUD has nothing going on for it other than an army of unpaid children begging to be taken seriously on LI. If not for locational advantage, NLUD wouldn't be even a top 5 choice in CLAT which is why it gets by with AILET.