Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
So, a friend of mine from law college joined SEBI (general) as asst manager and now is a assistant general manager (agm).

He's life style has gone a tremendous change . He's brought a flat worth 7ish crore , shops that are rented out , sisters wedding , renovated family house , car , brought farm in village (classic way to convert black money to white ), designer clothes etc.

Yes, i am aware of his salary and perks at Sebi but all the above is way above his means.

Is there any way to explain this ? Is it corruption or something else ?

My another college at work says he might be acting as a fixer but doubts whether it happens at his level of AGM.

Anyone ?
There is corruption defo, but not enough for 7 crore flat loans. It's family wealth.
You saying this based on the post or you know that corruption exists in Sebi ?
No he doesn't have any family wealth. He came from a poor or lower middle class family you can say
In today's age, it is very normal to fall prey to the various immoral, unethical, and illegal practices in various industries and earn a lot of money and make a lavish lifestyle. But, there is a saying in our village, which is that "do nambari kamai tikti nahi hai" (Money coming from immoral, unethical, and illegal means never stays with the person).
Got a few friends who work in banks and mutual funds. Have heard rumors from them that fixing is prevalent.

Maybe he is involved in such practices. You can never say for sure.