Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
I'm an assessment intern at a T2. I'm from an unknown random private College, got here by sheer grind. My competitors are from places like jgls, sls etc. Having tier 1 internships publications and what not while i have only good quality internships at decent firms, nothing more. Work wise I think I'm fairly good. Do i stand a chance here ?

Also, i don't have any other offers at the moment, how do i proceed here onwards if i fail this assessment?

People who have previously failed in assessments, how did you guys pick yourself up?
I am from SLSP myself and work for a tier 1 in Mumbai. I think most of us bag jobs and internships simply because our alumni network is very strong and they are very warm with intake since the Symbi culture is great (same goes with the top 5 NLUs). Being fairly good with your work might not make the cut, making sure that you are seen doing the work is more important. Also take the extra 10 minutes to discuss and review the proposition with the partner to earn brownie points. Life is slightly unfair for ppl from no-name/other colleges since they don't have adequate representation from top level positions at these tier 1 and tier 2 law firms. So, my flawed advice is to obviously slog but try to be seen slogging by the top level people in your team.
Stop stressing and focus on your work product. If that is good then you gave nothing to worry about. The problem with all you kids is that you focus on EVERYTHING ELSE apart from delivering a good work product.
Many of us deliver very good work products but in the end fail to reach the unreasonable standards yall seem to set.
That's because you want top of the cut when it comes to money but don't cut it.