Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
I'll be interning in Mumbai for the first time. My office is near Kala Ghoda, but I'll be staying near Worli. Any idea as to how I can travel from Worli to Kala Ghoda? What are my options?

Thanks in advance!
Take the Borivali/Churchgate train from Lower Parel (2km from Worli, snatch an auto). Get off at Churchgate and fetch a taxi ( which could be sometimes difficult because it’s just a 2km ride. It’s a 15 minute walk, if that helps. Your journey would approximately take 30-40 mins

Alternatively BEST does ply from Worli to Churchgate via the Acharya Chowk. I’m not sure about the timings but it’s roughly a 45 minute journey.

Hope this helps!
Hello I meant to say β€œsnatch a taxi” not an β€œauto” Autos don’t ply in Worli 😐
That’s a good question. Answers vary from traffic congestion to real estate affluence. More often than not, autos tend to be a nuisance on the roads. The monopoly of taxi unions in sobo would also be a plausible reason.
Thank you so much!

Also, had another doubt. Are kaali-peeli taxis still functional? Because someone mentioned that they have been discontinued.
Yes, they are functional, but would advise to leave plenty of time free for travel in case you are planning to use them because imo they reject 80% of fares lol.
Kaali-Peelis are very much functional but the iconic Premier Padminis have been put off. You’ll find a taxi in every nook and corner while you’re in sobo, so nothing to worry! Autos rule the roost in the suburbs.
Best is taxi will take 40 mins. Why bother taking a crowded train because you need peace of mind. The taxi fare would be around 250 rs
Yeah, I heard that they're extremely crowded. But someone mentioned that the first-class compartments and AC locals are not that crowded. So was considering travelling by those.

Plus, I checked OLA and Uber. The one-way fare for cabs is around 350, which comes to 600-700 in a day. And there are no autos as well.
First class is as crowded and the frequency of Ac local is bad. You'll have to wait for 20 kins atleasy
If only firms provided a stipend or at least reimbursed a portion of travel expenses, things would be much easier.
I don't understand why people still are gung ho over a city like Mumbai.

Why do people choose to live like stray cattle?
A 3-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.