Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
I just red a link din post by a SC Adv, inviting applications for freshers with barely any experience, from non-nlu and from marginalized backgrounds a pay of 8-10 LPA. Not to mention, a lot of ppl applied on the same too. Do these seniors enjoy sarcastically mocking our sorry condition like adding salt to the wound by making these outlandish claims? I mean who tf is he trying to fool anyway come on.
I know who are talking about. His initials are โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. I was taken aback by his post due to these two reasons

(1) seemingly unrealistic pay scale

(2) nobody in litigation circle explicity mentions pay

So I think he is just trying to build a following on linkedin and/or collecting email IDs / CVs of student for god knows what.

I visited some websites to find out how many matters he has appeared in SupremeCourt and it seems that he has hardly even appeared in any matter. But again he may be doing Advisory work
If you check out his linkdin, you'll find he's from nujs and did his master's from kings College. While this doesn't necessarily mean he's good at what he does, but it is a reasonable assumption. Next, look at his experience at the bar. He has been practicing for close to 12 years now.

If you don't think a competent attorney with 12 years of practice and presumably good connections can offer you a 8lpa salary you are grossly mistaken.

Ofc it could be a ploy, but it could also not be one.
yeah, something seemed suspicious about that post. he asked applicants to send him a mail but didnt even drop his email address in the post. also, this is some who loves complaining about how other seniors dont pay their interns and juniors well, that's what his last post was about so he knows what the sensitivities and struggles in the profession are, might just be exploiting those sentiments to chase clout.
How is 8 lakhs unrealistic? Just because most lawyers don't pay that much? Instead of appreciating, you are saying he is collecting email ids. What will he do with the email ids. Lol, you guys don't deserve to be paid! I remember someone trolled karuna nundy on Twitter months back saying she doesn't have work. People troll indira jaising, prashant bhushan, ashwani kumar, manish tewari etc in a similar fashion. I'm sure you are doing all this for political reasons!
people don't mention pay because, mmm, they don't pay! fyi, I know several delhi and mumbai lawyers who pay twice or thrice that amount. Just because none paid you that much doesn't mean 50k per month is unrealistic. besides, i interned with the lawyer you are referring to and from whatever knowledge i have he has over the last few years moved from hardcore litigation to a niche tax practice involving transactional work. In fact, I'd think 50k per month is far less given the kind of money he mints and his rigorous working style. he never mentioned he needed someone for court work anyway...
You cry if lawyers don't pay and you cry if lawyers pay. 50k something per month is shocking then God save this profession.