Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
My rank is in the borderline 190s and I am regretting my decision to put nujs above nalsar. Although with this rank, I couldn’t achieve nalsar anyhow, but by the fifth list there could’ve been a chance. I talked to a few acquaintances and I hate the hostels. It isn’t as prestigious as well. I flunked the ailet exam too. The vacancy lists and the fifth list are 4-5 months away. Till then, I am waiting for NLUJ/gnlu/NLIU… my question is: - is there any way I can get NALSAR with this rank?

Quite surprisingly which haunted me is the fact that unlike up other NLUs which improved their merit game this year, NUJS cut-off already crossed AIR 262 in the first list when last year it was 251 in the fifth list (source: - Consortium).
Take NLUJ in the vacancy, at least woh better Rahega. You should’ve been careful while filling up the preferences
What ridiculous advice! NLUJ is by no means better than NUJS. Anyone who is misleading students like this ought to be called out. Someone may like the hostels or may not. However, the legal industry as a whole still considers NUJS and its students a safe bet and that's what really counts, not anon trolls on LI.
If you think that you're better off in terms of career choice to NLUJ, GNLU or NLIU, then please feel free to go there. If you do decide to remain at NUJS, as many students have decided too over the years, then you would still have access to all the opportunities that matters to a law student. I won't troll you about your choice or decision here, because that's a personal choice that's best left to the student themselves, and doing otherwise is immaturity. However, I would advise you to talk to people in the industry or academia before making your final choice, and not merely your contemporaries who are unlikely to have knowledge about pretty much anything at all about law universities, their activities or potential.
The cut-off rank hardly matters for the universities, especially since it depends on personal prejudice, which in turn is influenced by social media coverage among the current generation more than anything else. There is very little qualitative difference between AIR Rank 100 and 300, just 2-3 minutes of bad decision on a given day. For example, you wrote that you had flunked AILET. Now if somehow you get a chance to join NLUD, would you refuse it thinking that you are 'unworthy' of studying there? That's not how it works at all. Your or anyone else's potential as a future legal professional is not contingent upon their performance in these stupid MCQ exams that are hardly useful in figuring out the legal aptitude of students.
As someone who is yet to start their legal education, how are you in a position to decide how 'prestigious' a university is exactly?
Most NLUJ students have been rejected by NUJS, you got it the other way around. Set curriculum? The course outlines at NLUJ have not been updated in a decade. Set in stone more like it. Great city ecosystem, right. Faculty from NLUJ have always applied to other NLUs including NUJS for the last 15 years whenever they have got the chance. What is better? A university whose students have historically always outperformed students of NLUJ in every field conceivable. Which is NUJS.
Clearly a NUJS student with no realistic Ideas of things,Firstly multiple students have chosen NLUJ over NUJS clearly evident from this years CLAT list, Furthermore the So Called City you talk about is just detoriating on a daily basis under a Corrupt Government Atleast NLUJ has liveable hostels unlike a

building where cement is just constantly falling onto your head and hostels which were actually staff quarters not designed for Student Life

NLUJ atleast has realistic Sports Infrastructure and doesnt Just Piggyback off the SAI Facilities,A real Campus life exists at NLUJ with a 55 Acre Campus and not a standalone building where even the Student Body and Admin clash over Building Access

Don't get me started on the State of NUJS admin and the fact that Everything occurs in Bengali despite being a "NLU".

Simply Put NLUJ offers a Stable Academic and Residential Scenario with Professors who have infact rejected NUJS on the Contrary to your statements

Choose NLUJ over NUJS and do yourself a favor
I call BS on this claim. Can you name a single faculty member at NLUJ, past or present, who had the same job at NUJS, but left it for NLUJ? I can mention as many as three people who had left NLUJ for NUJS though. Not sure whether the Mod will allow names here, though this was public record. PR, SB and AG.
Go for vacancy round or try finding a nlu which suits you the best to try for it in the vacancies
I consistently advise law aspirants to choose the below ranking, because I tell them to keep 2040 in mind rather than 2023:

1. NLSIU

2. NLUD

3. NALSAR

4. GNLU

5. NLUJ

6. MNLU- M

7. NUJS

8. JGLS

9. RGNUL

10. NLU- Prayagraj
the tarot card quote

my personal ranking choice

1. NLU Rajgir

2. NLU Kashipore

3. NLU Hisar

4. NLU Bangalore

5. NLU Kohima
Apply for NALSAR in the vacanies. Last year two people with ranks in the 180-185 range got accepted in the vacany round, you might have a slim chance. You'll definitely get into NLUJ and GNLU so definitely apply there if you dislike NUJS.
Nujs is far better than nalsar. It is in the middle of the city and has better faculty. The VC is student friendly
Keep in mind β€œStudent Friendly” here means you’re allowed to drink booze and smoke pot on campus and bully faculty about viva marks
A 32-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.