Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
college released a placement opportunity for the post of legal officer at IIFL finance at gurgaon office, should i consider? anyone has any information about the company or their work culture and growth possibilities?
Please join it. One door will open the other, and it will be easy for you to switch/jump places after 1-2 year. Also, post 1-2 PQE, you also will be able to join BFSI team of any big firm. Keep that in mind all these big companies have T-1/2 law firms in their retainer. If you know networking, you can easily ask for entry in that firm as well. All depends on how you capitalise on the opportunity. Fintech startups are all pumped up, there will be many opportunities in the future in this industry. Just keep an open mind, and try to evaluate all the opportunities you have at the moment.
Hey, OP here. Thanks for the advise, the salary is too low, 25k per month, is it still worth it?
Depends on the choices/opportunities you have right now. I started out in one of the NBFC with 20k and after 5 years, I am around 14-15 CTC (obviously I jumped ships) which is a good pay scale for in-house. Please don't compare this with law firm, since in law firm your starting package will be around 14-15 CTC. I chose in house because I was pursuing my three year LLM from DU along with CS course. Also, I needed time for me as well since I play for major corporations in cricket league. This won't be happening if you are in law firm. Please check with people in IIFL regarding their work culture and stuff. Set your priorities regarding the work culture where you wish to work.