Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
I am a first year. The thing is, I like a girl and she likes me as well. Her friend told me that she finds me good looking and cute. She said I must ask her out. I too would like to date her because I too find her very pretty, but I have not made a move yet. My worry is that we have different political views (I am right, she is left). She has a hint of this, because I once criticised a certain left-wing policy in front of her. She didn't say anything at that time, but I am worried it could ultimately cause friction if we start dating. To tell you the truth, I am actually quite right wing (pro-Modi, pro-Israel) but I am socially liberal (support gay marriage, beef eating, free speech, oppose moral policing etc). I think I might be classified as "fiscally conservative" or a "right libertarian".

I'd appreciate advice on how any of you navigated political differences while dating, if any.
dukh aur bhi hai muhabbat ke siva, rahatein aur bhi hain vasl ki raahat ke siva - it doesn't matter if you genuionely love someone in my opinion, politics se ghar nahi chalta
Correction*

aur bhī dukh haiñ zamāne meñ mohabbat ke sivā

rāhateñ aur bhī haiñ vasl kī rāhat ke sivā

sorrows other than love's longing does this life provide

comforts other than a lover's union too abide
Abbey these kids, bc. No one gives a flying fuck about your political views unless you unnecessarily and incessantly try to rub it on someone's face.

Chup chap date kar and don't make it complicated by doing stupid irrelevant stuff which won't matter a few years down the line - never actually did - and you will regret later on.

All the best.
I agree.

I am Pro-BJP/Modi and my family has supported BJP since Jan Sangh days while my GF is Anti-BJP/Modi and her family has supported INC since Nehru days. In fact, her grandfather was an INC office-bearer and a committed Nehruvian. However, we don't try to rub our political views on each other's faces unnecessarily and incessantly. We respect the opposite view.

We don't share political ideology, yet, both of us have similar liking for most things, ranging from food to places to people to movies. We are really very happy together and see each other as partners for life.

Alyssa Rose Ivy has said, β€œNot everything in life is black and white. Sometimes the best parts are gray. Just remember that not everything can fit into one your neat little boxes.”
I have seen a lot of guys appearing woke and leftist just to get laid. Because politically most law school women are feminist. While men are even Andrew Tate types. Out of desperation men do it.
Unlike other in my opinion ipolitical compatibility is important in dating as because one's political views reflects his /her personality , opinion and thoughts. I could never date right wing girl having boomer uncle wali soch. You dont have to worry if she is has left-liberal political school of thoghts she would not pursue you herself. But clearly you do not come under any shades of policial line. Being pro-modi, pro-israel and defender of free speech is oxymoronic. You need to first figure out what political bend you have. read more to understand policial contour of India.
A 3-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.