Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
I'm a first year student in a law school located in southern mumbai. I have spent months trying to understand how things work in here but still I'm not able to get hold of them. I have participated in a few debate competition and trial moots which have turned out to be good. My batch is not very placement oriented and it is a bit concerning for me. I'm planning to write CLAT again in 2025 and make a shift towards a T1 NLU.

Now, the problem is I'm already 19 and will start college at 20 years of age if I go the clat 2025 route. Should I try my luck and skill in CLAT again or should continue here. This fear of possibly being unemployed is eating me up from days. No body is serious about a job in the first year and the fact that I can't discuss about it has worsened the whole thing.
You should definitely retake clat while studying there. There are countless threads on LI which account for the same. In fact, it has become a practical thing to do nowadays. So don’t worry
22 is rarely seen. But yes there are a couple of them in nujs too. You can find them in NLUJ as well. This year air 7 is also 22 year old btw. Check that out
My first year topper at NLIU was 21. He is in Khaitan now. Acing life. Now doing well fitness wise as well. He is going to join IIFT Delhi very soon.
lot of people are even 21 when they start, it wouldn't be an issue chill. Focus on your prep
I am also kind of in the same position. The only difference is that I already got a UG degree this year and now I am thinking of going for law and hence considering doing a 5-year course as it offers much better career prospects, especially from the T1 NLUs. Btw, I turned 21 very recently.
A lot of folks pursue clat after completing their UG too. So not a problem
Actually, I have a contrarian view. I would advise you to stick to your current law course and start Internship in the Mumbai law firms near Fort area. This will give you more opportunities than changing law schools at this stage . You will be nearly halfway through your course by the time the NLU admissions happen for 2025 (in June 2025). You can thank me later. :-)

AMT
Bro I'm in the same situation now, is there any way we could connect? On telegram or reddit or something?
I feel you could stick to GLC if you are concerned about you being old enough. I am in my third year and I myself just turned 20 in December. If CLAT were a predictable exam, which actually could be prepared for it would have been a different thing. But, even if you want to give CLAT, GLC 's curriculum gives you enough time to do so. However just start interning as well, just incase CLAT doesn't work out and yoh need to continue here. Cause your batchmates would already have a 6 month experience until then. Yoh are only in your second semester, and honestly speaking literally no one has every figured out how things work in their first year. Hell I still have a lot of shit to figure out being in my third year. GLC gives you locational advantage and academic Leigh way and imo you should keep going.

If I'm right and you are in GLC we can connect anonymously incase you need any guidance about life at GLC.