Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
I've studied and interned in taxation and particularly enjoyed the litigation side of the practice. Are there any offices where I could start from which pays decently and has good amount of tax litigation work, in Delhi, Mumbai or Bangalore?
There's a thread called pros/cons of tax practice on LI. It warns that tax being a specialized field & that few firms operating in this space, it's a trap. Be absolutely sure what you are doing
But from above commissioner level only writs are possible (till the tribunal gets set up), wouldn't the cases there be of law issues like classification etc?
There's a thought trend among idt lawyers that idt is a dead field, automation and digitization just doesn't generate that level of litigation as erstwhile departmental audits did.
I do for my sake though that litigation does indeed increase and people are wrong when VAT came replacing Bombay sales tax. Cuz after spending 2 years in this place, already been branded a tax lawyer.
You seems to have a perfunctory understanding of the tax laws in general and GST laws in particular. Unlike the income tax laws, GST is less about data and procedure and more about substantive law.
Tax litigation by lawyers mostly involves bribe management and corruption intermediary work.
How is the pay for tax litigation, is it like litigation in general?