Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
Off late have been reading a lot of posts and comments focussing only on Bombay and Delhi. Some comments have even gone to the extent of berating established cities like Chennai by people who have no idea or even travelled to the city. Unfortunately there is a high degree of North Indian entitlement who just can't see beyond these 2 cities. Oh yes they might consider Bangalore cause few people speak Hindi in Bangalore. C'mon guys have some basic GK on the economy plus some awareness of the legal practice in established cities.
Mumbai is not North India. Cities (Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Chennai) in the southern part of India are doing all well in their fields, they have been able to create a cluster effect. It is the Golden Economic Triangle of India. No other part/region of India has this cluster effect. Delhi is the only big (and successful) city in the North, and Mumbai is the only one in the West. In the northern and western regions, other state capitals lag far behind and will continue to do so. South is very important - economically, hence legally as well.
Stop blaming North Indians for every differing opinion or minor inconvenience in your life. Even if people actually are focusing on Bombay (for good or bad), how TF does that affect you? Can't you just be happy living your own life? Think about it.

P.S.- I am not a North Indian.
I have lived in Delhi and Mumbai and conducted matters in Chennai almost every year over the past decade. I love Chennai. I am a North Indian.

Would I ever want to permanently live in Chennai? No. Do I appreciate what people have built that place into? Yes.
The southern region of India comprising Telangana, AP, TN, Karnataka, Puducherry, and Lakshadweep has 19% of India's population but contributes to 36% of India's GDP. The southern region of India already has a per capita GDP equal to upper-middle income levels (per UN definition). There is no reason for Mumbai and Delhi entitlement. Chill.
I agree as well. I've also been seeing a lot of posts in English & Hindi as well. We must promote regional language in this site as well. This entitlement should not exist as well.
why is this not marked trollish?
are we back to the language debates of the 1950s?